The Next 5 Games

YorkshireRam

Derby v Shef Wed
Derby v Charlton
Fulham v Derby
Brighton v Derby
Derby v Birmingham

We're getting to the business end of the season now and with Bournemouth's recent results sliding somewhat, we need to try and start to pull away from them.

Our next 5 games present us with a great opportunity to try and create a gap between us and third, maybe being slightly complacent but these are all winnable games, Birmingham at home being the toughest. 

We can't afford many more ''slip-ups'' like against Rotherham, I'll be disappointed if we come away with less than 11 points from these games. I can't see Middlesbrough slipping up, they're too strong defensively and have shown they're capable of grinding out results so it's important we try and push away from Bournemouth as quickly as possible.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree although, we cant be too complacent. Sheff Wed will come to the iPro and look to defend solidly and grind out a draw, and before you know it, it'll be 80th minute at 0-0 before the complacency wears off and we could see a smash and grab if we're not careful.

Ruthlessness needs to be the order of the day I think

There's nothing really to be gained by looking 3,4, 5 games into the future. In a game of high ambition such as football, it's no good shooting for the moon and landing in the stars, because we've got a load of fans who'll complain that the being in the stars isn't good enough when Middlebrough and Bournemouth's lunar projects seem to have amazing success.

It's no good looking at that and going "We have to beat Birmingham at home" because to be honest, if by some freak accident we lost all 4 games preceding that, I think our promotion hopes would be utterly finished, and a win at Birmingham, no matter how expected it was, would save our season.

Remember the context of the games. You could look at Reading at home, last game of the season, and say that it's a must win game. But what if at that point we only need 1 point to guarantee the title? Would you begrudge a draw? What if Reading somehow started flying up the table and hadn't lost a game in months?

One game at a time.

We should win these next 5 no question.Will it be easy? Of course not,but I think we can.But as Tombo said the team just needs to take one game at a time and that starts tomorrow .

The philosophy of 'Taking one game at a time' is one used in a lot of sports and one I fully support;never overlook your next opponent.

As I said these 5 SHOULD be wins,but doesn't mean they will be.Just have to wait and see how the Rams do with em and that starts tomorrow v the Owls.

Bournemouths recent results sliding away, we've lost 1 and drawn 2 of our last 3 games and shipped over 2 goals a game how would you describe that in comparison then

Archived