Any News on Chris Martin?

L1ghterfeul

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this had happened last season (CM out) it would have been the end of the world. This time round we have the real deal who can step up.

Injury could have beenfar far worse. I've tweaked my tendons behind my left knee on monday and with lots of ice it feels ok. I'll be back running next week.

CM doesnt run much anyway so he'll be back in no time and rested for the run in. Win-win

you smell.

I don't think I do, not at the moment anyway but thanks for your concerns re my health.

I made the point based on Lambert's sacking at  Villa and  the fact that Bent has settled very very quickly and seems to be really enjoying himself at dcfc with spectacular results. I am sure like many other supporters he will do a really good job for us leading the front line.  Before my original post I imagined the trouble we would be in if he was recalled like Ibe had been to Liverpool. Just heard Maclaren on Sky confirming Bent does not have a recall clause, delighted, my friend who is an ardent Villa fan is gutted as he thought he could be recalled  !!!

I don't think I do, not at the moment anyway but thanks for your concerns re my health.

I made the point based on Lambert's sacking at  Villa and  the fact that Bent has settled very very quickly and seems to be really enjoying himself at dcfc with spectacular results. I am sure like many other supporters he will do a really good job for us leading the front line.  Before my original post I imagined the trouble we would be in if he was recalled like Ibe had been to Liverpool. Just heard Maclaren on Sky confirming Bent does not have a recall clause, delighted, my friend who is an ardent Villa fan is gutted as he thought he could be recalled  !!!

yer mate smells anorl.

Wading through the senior posters' witty comebacks ... I see where you're coming from Jenko. I for one am still not 100% reassured even by the main man himself saying he can't go back. Yes, there may be no recall clause in the loan, but if DB decides he wants to go back and they want him back, he will go back - and we will seek and probably receive financial compensation from Villa.  In that sense, it's a bit over the top to just say he 'cannot' go back at all. He can, but there would be financial consequences (reimbursement + punitive) for Villa since it would be a breach of the contract between us and them. 

Wading through the senior posters' witty comebacks ... I see where you're coming from Jenko. I for one am still not 100% reassured even by the main man himself saying he can't go back. Yes, there may be no recall clause in the loan, but if DB decides he wants to go back and they want him back, he will go back - and we will seek and probably receive financial compensation from Villa.  In that sense, it's a bit over the top to just say he 'cannot' go back at all. He can, but there would be financial consequences (reimbursement + punitive) for Villa since it would be a breach of the contract between us and them.

No, he literally cannot go back. He is registered as a derby player. The transfer window is closed. He cannot be registered as a villa player until transfer window reopens. At which point the season will be over, and he will be a free agent anyway.

Yes, there may be no recall clause in the loan, but if DB decides he wants to go back and they want him back, he will go back - and we will seek and probably receive financial compensation from Villa.   

He cannot be registered as a villa player until transfer window reopens. At which point the season will be over, and he will be a free agent anyway.

These I think are BOTH true... the terms of a season or half season loan are that BOTH clubs have to agree to the termination of the loan... 

However if Bent hasn't been registered in their PL squad by the end of the transfer window in Jan (which I don't think he was) then he wouldn't be able to be registered... As the PL has very strict registration windows...

No, he literally cannot go back. 

This is incorrect... He can do whatever he wants... He can go and train with them and not turn up at derby anymore... He could go off to Cuba for all we can do anything...

Literally... 

This is incorrect... He can do whatever he wants... 

Literally... 

OK then, he literally cannot play for Villa again this season. The only reason they would have for recalling him is out of pure spite for us (which as far as I know there is absolutely no reason for).

He can go and train with them and not turn up at derby anymore... He could go off to Cuba for all we can do anything...

And of course, by the same argument, Will Hughes could decide to give up football to become a pole dancer, Lee grant could set his heart on sailing around the world, and Steve McClaren could decide to become a potato farmer.  But I don't see anybody else worrying about those things.  ;)

OK then, he literally cannot play for Villa again this season. The only reason they would have for recalling him is out of pure spite for us (which as far as I know there is absolutely no reason for).

And of course, by the same argument, Will Hughes could decide to give up football to become a pole dancer, Lee grant could set his heart on sailing around the world, and Steve McClaren could decide to become a potato farmer. But I don't see anybody else worrying about those things. ;)

Eddie and boycie would pay top dollar to see young will....

Archived