Omar - will Real want him back?

robglosta

Lets not be too hasty. Most on here would have been happy to keep him on the bench until just recently.

This is what annoys me most with Omar. People tend to blow really hot or cold with what they think of him. Personally I think he's an inexperienced young midfielder who struggles to wrest control when things aren't going the teams way, and tends to be a bit too inconsistent to be first choice in that role. The kind of player who 5/10 games will look great and 1/10 will be awful, which when we're challenging at the top of the league will lead to criticism.

I think he'll only get better with age, and would like him here next season, but it does get a tad annoying when people talk about how terrible/wonderful he is based on a week or twos worth of football. He's on his day brilliant there, but there have been plenty of examples of him not being able to keep up the standard for that spot. It'll be interesting to see how we line up when Thorne is fit and ready. I think having options will be key going forward.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what annoys me most with Omar. People tend to blow really hot or cold with what they think of him. Personally I think he's an inexperienced young midfielder who struggles to wrest control when things aren't going the teams way, and tends to be a bit too inconsistent to be first choice in that role. The kind of player who 5/10 games will look great and 1/10 will be awful, which when we're challenging at the top of the league will lead to criticism.I think he'll only get better with age, and would like him here next season, but it does get a tad annoying when people talk about how terrible/wonderful he is based on a week or twos worth of football. He's on his day brilliant there, but there have been plenty of examples of him not being able to keep up the standard for that spot. It'll be interesting to see how we line up when Thorne is fit and ready. I think having options will be key going forward.

I think we should of played an injured Eustace instead of Omar and brought Thorne back on crutches lol

Remember when he joined he said he said loads of loan offers from lower la liga clubs?

If we do go for him they'll be lots of interest

He went for us than these clubs say a lot. Omar Omar Omar Mascarell :D

This is what annoys me most with Omar. People tend to blow really hot or cold with what they think of him. Personally I think he's an inexperienced young midfielder who struggles to wrest control when things aren't going the teams way, and tends to be a bit too inconsistent to be first choice in that role. The kind of player who 5/10 games will look great and 1/10 will be awful, which when we're challenging at the top of the league will lead to criticism.I think he'll only get better with age, and would like him here next season, but it does get a tad annoying when people talk about how terrible/wonderful he is based on a week or twos worth of football. He's on his day brilliant there, but there have been plenty of examples of him not being able to keep up the standard for that spot. It'll be interesting to see how we line up when Thorne is fit and ready. I think having options will be key going forward.

What he has is absolutely great potential, is improving hugely under this coaching set up and is currently registered with one of the best clubs in the world. I'd take that gamble.

He's injured and retiring soon .

Thorne is better then Eustace Isn't he .

You seem to be retiring Eustace off yourself curtains, never seen anything about him retiring at the end of the season. Most likely he will go to Coventry as they were asking about him last close season and he said he wanted to go full circle and play there again before he retired if I remember right. Do think this will probably be his final season at Derby though, certain to be if we go up I'd say.

Think on his recent displays we might be interested in Omar as long as its not very silly money, don't think he would get much if any game time at Real given the sort of talent they can call upon.

Impossible to know what sort of dosh they'd want though really.

You seem to be retiring Eustace off yourself curtains, never seen anything about him retiring at the end of the season. Most likely he will go to Coventry as they were asking about him last close season and he said he wanted to go full circle and play there again before he retired if I remember right. Do think this will probably be his final season at Derby though, certain to be if we go up I'd say.

Possible I suppose .

Don't think Eustace will have another season at the Rams other than in a coaching capacity but he may have a role when he gets fit towards the end of this season as our DM !

This is what annoys me most with Omar. People tend to blow really hot or cold with what they think of him. Personally I think he's an inexperienced young midfielder who struggles to wrest control when things aren't going the teams way, and tends to be a bit too inconsistent to be first choice in that role. The kind of player who 5/10 games will look great and 1/10 will be awful, which when we're challenging at the top of the league will lead to criticism.

I think he'll only get better with age, and would like him here next season, but it does get a tad annoying when people talk about how terrible/wonderful he is based on a week or twos worth of football. He's on his day brilliant there, but there have been plenty of examples of him not being able to keep up the standard for that spot. It'll be interesting to see how we line up when Thorne is fit and ready. I think having options will be key going forward.

Fair enough, but he's looked like Ya Ya Toure in the last 3 games. 

And apart from Thorne, who has been consistent in that role? I guess your comments could be levelled at most of our midfield?

Half of the criticism of Omar can also be levelled at John E. Positional for example..

I think we should of played an injured Eustace instead of Omar and brought Thorne back on crutches lol

I think you entirely missed the point. It's one thing to say "he does the job", it's another to say "he's amazing". At this point he is pretty much the one and only player capable of that role in the side.

And apart from Thorne, who has been consistent in that role? I guess your comments could be levelled at most of our midfield?

Half of the criticism of Omar can also be levelled at John E. Positional for example..

That's not a criticism of him, it's just making the point that people seem to be going too far one way or the other after only a game or two. I like Omar as a player, but I just don't get all the "how wonderful is he there", "is he going to keep Thorne out?!" only to be closely followed by "Omar isn't good enough", "we need a new midfielder", "this guy comes from Real Madrid lol", etc. It's as though the point that he's capable of the role, but inconsistent hasn't quite clicked to some, and a point well worth making while he's in form, as if it's brought up after one of his bad games people will tend to say things like; "Oh, they just didn't know how to stop him", "he was just lucky", "[such and such] did that work, he should be more advanced".

Best thing about Omar is that he is integrated at the Rams. If you buy a lot of players in the summer when we get promoted then you have to integrate them which takes time. Derby need to go up with a strong nucleus at least otherwise we will be ripped apart whist players are settling in. Omar, Thorne and Hughes sound good enough to stay up in the Premiership to me. Getting strikers who can score is the real issue. Martin will be more use behind Bent than up on his own in the Premiership. We are going to need two more strikers if we go up. I would like to see another come in during this loan window. I would go to

I think you entirely missed the point. It's one thing to say "he does the job", it's another to say "he's amazing". At this point he is pretty much the one and only player capable of that role in the side.

That's not a criticism of him, it's just making the point that people seem to be going too far one way or the other after only a game or two. I like Omar as a player, but I just don't get all the "how wonderful is he there", "is he going to keep Thorne out?!" only to be closely followed by "Omar isn't good enough", "we need a new midfielder", "this guy comes from Real Madrid lol", etc. It's as though the point that he's capable of the role, but inconsistent hasn't quite clicked to some, and a point well worth making while he's in form, as if it's brought up after one of his bad games people will tend to say things like; "Oh, they just didn't know how to stop him", "he was just lucky", "[such and such] did that work, he should be more advanced".

Overall I would agree with Albert, but in the last 3 games, no way Jose. He's legit.

I think you entirely missed the point. It's one thing to say "he does the job", it's another to say "he's amazing". At this point he is pretty much the one and only player capable of that role in the side.That's not a criticism of him, it's just making the point that people seem to be going too far one way or the other after only a game or two. I like Omar as a player, but I just don't get all the "how wonderful is he there", "is he going to keep Thorne out?!" only to be closely followed by "Omar isn't good enough", "we need a new midfielder", "this guy comes from Real Madrid lol", etc. It's as though the point that he's capable of the role, but inconsistent hasn't quite clicked to some, and a point well worth making while he's in form, as if it's brought up after one of his bad games people will tend to say things like; "Oh, they just didn't know how to stop him", "he was just lucky", "[such and such] did that work, he should be more advanced".

m8 I respect your views but non of us know how good Thone will be on his return do we.

It may take Thorne until next season to get up to speed.

Thorne may be up to speed in a few weeks I don't know and I suggest you don't either.

Eustace might take time after injury as well

Your making something of nothing here let's just hope we get promoted shall we.

All the Derby squad have a role to play

Omar has done well but so have all the squad this season.

Archived