Omar - will Real want him back?

robglosta

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thing about Omar is that he is integrated at the Rams. If you buy a lot of players in the summer when we get promoted then you have to integrate them which takes time. Derby need to go up with a strong nucleus at least otherwise we will be ripped apart whist players are settling in. Omar, Thorne and Hughes sound good enough to stay up in the Premiership to me. Getting strikers who can score is the real issue. Martin will be more use behind Bent than up on his own in the Premiership. We are going to need two more strikers if we go up. I would like to see another come in during this loan window. I would go to

If we played 4-2-3-1 in the premier league, with 2 CDMs, i would be extremely comfortable seeing Omar and Thorne in those two holding roles. I am basing this on Omar sustaining his current form though. If he gives us 2-3 more rock solid outings in a row. then we need to seriously consider buying him.

Not in so many words perhaps but that was the inferance.

I'm not so sure, I remember a lot saying CDM isn't really the position for him when under pressure. I don't think anyone wanted him out the club and I don't remember many questioning his ability either, just the role he was playing in. 

Rare for you to be clueless. I am flabbergasted.

Apparently I've been told that it makes my penis hard to be confrontational, and seeing as I'm driving home from Bristol this afternoon, I don't want it impairing my vision.

Apparently I've been told that it makes my penis hard to be confrontational, and seeing as I'm driving home from Bristol this afternoon, I don't want it impairing my vision.

You have eyes in your pubic hair? 

Ewwwwwww, :wacko: no more flirting with you then. I don't need creepy crawlers in my finely coiffured curls.

You're already spoken for. They always say that you always hurt the one you love, so there's no way I'm going to come between you and Chris Martin.

You're already spoken for. They always say that you always hurt the one you love, so there's no way I'm going to come between you and Chris Martin.

Good retort that, tying it all together, and rallying the Martin troops, but I am good with you not hurting the man you love, and sharing your lice with big Chrissy.

m8 I respect your views but non of us know how good Thone will be on his return do we.

It may take Thorne until next season to get up to speed.

Thorne may be up to speed in a few weeks I don't know and I suggest you don't either.

Eustace might take time after injury as well

Your making something of nothing here let's just hope we get promoted shall we.

All the Derby squad have a role to play

Omar has done well but so have all the squad this season.

When did I ever say anything about how good Thorne is. To be completely honest I've tried not to think much about Thorne for this season, as I doubt we'll see the best of him this season. I would also suspect we've just about seen the end of Eustace with his injury. We may get a handful more games out of him, but I wouldn't put any unrealistic expectations on him.

The point isn't about Thorne, Eustace or anyone else, just Mascarell. I just don't understand why he in particular is getting such hot and cold opinions in comparison to others in the squad.

That's another thing I find odd on here, anything approaching a moderate opinion of anything seems to be treated as though it's a drastic criticism, and both ways too. i.e. talking about our chances, I get the impression that some didn't like my analysis simply because ~35-45% doesn't sound as flash as "we're going up". The previous season however, using the same analysis, with similar results (slightly worse in fact), there were those who thought it was a bit too positive (when people were still wondering if we could even fall out of the playoff places).

Overall I would agree with Albert, but in the last 3 games, no way Jose. He's legit.

That's exactly the point though, 3 games. On his day he's brilliant, but he's put in performances like these scattered across the whole season, and if I recall has had at least one run that was arguably as good, if not better. The real key is that he continues it.

Again, I like Omar as a player, and would have him back if it's reasonable, but at the end of the day saying he's been amazing this season is a bit far still. I'd say he's a good player for the role, and on his day can be unplayable, but has had consistency issues and needs to get better at regaining control when things aren't going our way. That's something that comes with age and experience though, and he's certainly a better option for our overall play than Eustace has been.

To be honest I'd rate the limit of it being worth chasing him at something like a "Russell-type" fee though, to put it in the old phrasing from the club. I'm sure that it's something the club are thinking over.

That's exactly the point though, 3 games. On his day he's brilliant, but he's put in performances like these scattered across the whole season, and if I recall has had at least one run that was arguably as good, if not better. The real key is that he continues it.

Dunno, I dont think he's ever shown himself to be this consistently good defensively over 3 consecutive games though Albert. He's been extraordinarily good.  The reason camps are divided is because some of his stuff has been really bad - the shirt pull defending, being on the wrong side of players, and the falling down errors, and then he makes world class plays offensively. Maybe he's settled in right now. However, I agree with your main point and that he needs to show it over the next 2-3 games as well, otherwise its not very thorne-like. Be nice if he pops up with a few goals too.

I think a great question is:Would Real Madrid actually give him match time anytime soon? I think not imo.

I think Omar has been pretty solid overall this season and his talent is obvious;however I would hate for him to go back to Real just to sit on the bench whereas here he could start or play quite often for a team hopefully in the Prem.

With that being said,I think Real would not want too much if we did want to sell him and we were willing to buy;no more than 1 to 2 million though.

Archived