Future stadium extension

whiteroseram

actually looking at the overhead shot it were a permanent expansion then the pillars wouldnt need to be moved backwards, just a steeper deck built because the existing rood line follows all the wat round the ground. As the current steel work that wraps over the roof is bolted on it would be a case of unbolt the roof, wack in a joining upright and bolt the roof on. Then build s steeper seating deck giving more seats

http://www.premierfootballbooks.co.uk/images/derby_aerial

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure a structural engineer would cringe reading this.

I'd have thought if the plans included the ability to extend the ground later, as has been established, then that is exactly what can happen. Meanwhile a human-built space probe is set to pay Pluto a visit 4.7 billion miles away but PP is too tricky to extend lol.

I'm sure a structural engineer would cringe reading this.

I'd have thought if the plans included the ability to extend the ground later, as has been established, then that is exactly what can happen. Meanwhile a human-built space probe is set to pay Pluto a visit 4.7 billion miles away but PP is too tricky to extend lol.

Read it properly.

Of course it can be extended.

I have said this numerous times.

The issue is whether it is easy to extend.

It's not made of Meccano, of course it's not easy to extend. It's doable and that's what matters...

It would have been easy if the column design had had just a little more thought.

But a steeper seating deck can increase seating capacity without moving the columns back.

Unbolt roof stealwork bolt on column extension, bolt roof back on. Done

Moving the columns back?

So you're suggesting removing roof and removing the existing tiers to increase the pitch to gain a few extra rows?

Good grief.....

Moving the columns back?

So you're suggesting removing roof and removing the existing tiers to increase the pitch to gain a few extra rows?

Good grief.....

The amount of extra rows would depend on the pitch. And there is also no need to remove the existing one at all.

Just done some rough maths and an increase in angle from 30 to 35 degrees generates a 20percent increase in depth of the seating area.

Obviously I have no idea what the current pitch is though

The amount of extra rows would depend on the pitch. And there is also no need to remove the existing one at all.

Just done some rough maths and an increase in angle from 30 to 35 degrees generates a 20percent increase in depth of the seating area.

Obviously I have no idea what the current pitch is though

Jeeze i thought your comment was tongue in cheek.

Its easier to cut the top off the columns.....lol

Here's a thought. What do people think our ideal capacity should be?

Our current 33k or an increase to 44k or somewhere between the two?

The world cup feasi shows how hard it is to achieve a big expansion.

Any option which involved tresspassing over the road or adjacent land - as described - is in reality a non-starter.

Not sure of the exact boundary positions but it looks like space is quite limited behind both the north and south stands.

I'd be surprised if was practically possible to add more than another 1500 to each

Similarly the east stand - maybe another 2000-2500.

But its probably not worth it....thats why expansion all round was the club's least favourite option.

Those redundant piles will probably never get used.

The problem is that the extra capacity is really required in the away end.

2300 is a quite tiny.

To all those excessively concerned about how hard this potential expansion would be - chill out, somebody else will do it for us. You don't need to worry.

Have you seen the state of buildings constructed over the last 10 years in Derby. People should be worried. 

To all those excessively concerned about how hard this potential expansion would be - chill out, somebody else will do it for us. You don't need to worry.

Yes

I could do it.

Most of you couldn't.

Archived