Mascarell.. Further forward?

dajstrawb

So it's pretty well established now that young Omar isn't really cut out for the rigours of being a Championship anchorman, but what about in one of the 2 centre midfield slots? Jeff and Bryso not really firing on any cylinders whatsoever at the minute.. What about taking Omar out of harms way and seeing what he can do with a licence to create, without having the burden of being 'that man' who shoulders the responsibility of shielding the back 4? Just a thought

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I've never seen Omar play there, but it appears that he is far more suited to the central midfield role than the holding one.

My opinion is that it is well worth trying him out there and seeing what happens.

I think that Bryson and Hendrick are too similar to play together, so I'd use one as a starter and the other as cover. In a similar way, if Omar shows he can play the central role well enough, I'd use him to cover Hughes.

So that's two positions sorted, but what do we do to cover the defensive midfield role until Thorne or Eusatce are fit? Ssewankambo untested, Shotton is more used to defensive duties and looks scared in possession and Warnock hasn't played the role for many years.

Of course, posters on here know far better than a renowned coach. I often wonder why we bother employing McClaren, Simmo & co.

If some of the posters on here were in charge we wouldn't even field a team as none of the players are actually any good. It could be worse though...could have the Radio Derby moan in callers in charge.

It was a suggestion.. I often wonder if this forum would have any posts on it if no one voiced an opinion..

You made a suggestion, I made an observation. No need to get so pathetically precious about it.

how can you say he's not cut out for it. He's had a handful of games and looked good, average and below average in equal amounts over the games. Why not pick the game he looked good in and say that is 'established'?

How would you like your working performance being judged as the worst day you ever had there?

Archived