Ballon D'or

Subman

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing is about politics.

The past two months means too much whereas form from Jan - August is basically excluded.

Ronaldo will win it. But was he the best player from January - August? Not even in the top five. Messi, Di Maria, Sergio Ramos, Robben and Luis Suarez were better. 

Not to mention a few nominees from the German national team.

Ronaldo's amazing goalscoring form from September - December is the only thing people can base the award on. Is that fair? For me, no.

But as I said, it's all politics.

I'm glad that Stephanie Roche didn't win the Puskas award. She came across as a major idiot in the two interviews I heard.

No way that Van Persie's goal should be in the top three either. Cahill, Costa, Fabi

so the logic that if they don't interview well that they shouldn't win it?

Hmmm...

No, I don't think she deserved to win it because Rodriguez's goal was better. I'm glad she didn't win it (different thing) because she sounded like an idiot. This is a footballer who has walked out on their club because they wanted to 'focus on the Puskas award'. 

Neuer was my favourite to win, what can a goalkeeper do to win it? no goals conceded in a calendar year and 52 goals in 43 games???

IMO Messi and Ronaldo are also incredible but 2014 was the year of the goalkeeper and Neuer is redefining his position and he did the best in the world cup, Messi shouldn't have got player of the tournament imo

Zlatan should have won though

Her goal was best. Flukey as sausage as she couldn't do it again in 5 million tries, but it was awesome.

Was it as technically difficult as Rodriguez and Cahill's though? I don't think so.

That's before even taking into account the importance of the game, which they're supposed to do. 

Archived