Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

Some of you really need a reality check with picking on the midfielders, when our defence bypassed them pretty much the entire game, and sometimes they hoofed or headed with absolutely no sense of purpose whatsoever. It made for a very dull affair. Grant, Keogh Bucko Omar as well as the wing backs were the main culprits yesterday. It all starts back there. 

As McClaren intimated post match,  if we just play 50/50 football ping pong with Forest they will beat us. Assombalonga is far more deadly than Martin, and although Forest are total crap, they are individually athletic.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of distractions this past week; local derby, transfers in/out and speculation (Albentosa, Warnock, Coutts etc) changes to a winning team, operations (Eustace), recalls (Ibe), personal issues (Dawkins) not to mention losing Hughes at halftime etc Will be good to have a calmer week in training and get to focus on the next two games.

I don't get why people are blaming are Mascarell, I thought he was good. He was certainly one of our better players on the day. 

Hendrick's second half was the worst individual performance I have seen this season - it was incredible.

His head clearly wasn't in the game, at all. 

Even if OMG was one of our better players,it's not saying much is it? Actually I don't know if you have noticed

but when the going gets tough he's like little boy lost for most of the time.He is not a holding midfielder

for several reasons,which I can't be bothered to list.Eustace isn't the answer,Thorne probably won't be back

to his best this season.We have to sign a proper CDM.Also an Ibe type player.

Do we seriously want promotion? We are not going to have it handed to us on a plate,if we fail this year

we will have to re-think,and make some serious decisions.

Even if OMG was one of our better players,it's not saying much is it? Actually I don't know if you have noticed

but when the going gets tough he's like little boy lost for most of the time.He is not a holding midfielder

for several reasons,which I can't be bothered to list.Eustace isn't the answer,Thorne probably won't be back

to his best this season.We have to sign a proper CDM.Also an Ibe type player.

Do we seriously want promotion? We are not going to have it handed to us on a plate,if we fail this year

we will have to re-think,and make some serious decisions.

i agree we need to strengthen these positions. What happens if we dont I dont know, depends on Thorne's fitness and maybe Ward's too and I wouldnt be too confident about either.

A one month loan starting on the 25th would get us through 7 league games. Thorne should be ok by then,

We need a CDM for rest of season assuming Eustace is out til then. We need 2 players for every position, and the absence of a CDM has proved crucial every time weve played without one. Mascarell has good qualities but being a CDM isnt one of them.

We need a CDM for rest of season assuming Eustace is out til then. We need 2 players for every position, and the absence of a CDM has proved crucial every time weve played without one. Mascarell has good qualities but being a CDM isnt one of them.

We would get a better one for 1 month, because they would then be first choice. If you have someone for the season, will they be happy to play second fiddle in a months times?

I would take someone for a month and if Thorne is fully fit and playing send them back, if not, keep them for another month

We would get a better one for 1 month, because they would then be first choice. If you have someone for the season, will they be happy to play second fiddle in a months times?

I would take someone for a month and if Thorne is fully fit and playing send them back, if not, keep them for another month

Hold on Sage,you are asking about 2nd fiddle.I would say if you  are not happy,play better and you will be

lead fiddle.At the same time you are asking a player and his club to agree to come to us on the basis,you

play for us when we want you,otherwise Fock off.That will never happen,they will tell us to FO.No class

player or club would accept that.We get a good CDM on a permanent basis.

Hold on Sage,you are asking about 2nd fiddle.I would say if you  are not happy,play better and you will be

lead fiddle.At the same time you are asking a player and his club to agree to come to us on the basis,you

play for us when we want you,otherwise Fock off.That will never happen,they will tell us to FO.No class

player or club would accept that.We get a good CDM on a permanent basis.

So even though we have Thorne (1 month away) Eustace (2 months away) Mascarell and Coutts, you are suggesting we use our transfer budget on a DCM on a permanent transfer?

Yes.For a start Thorne is not going to be fully fit on top of his game in a months time.Say March-April

if we are lucky.Eustace too old too slow not good enough.Why does he get injured so often?why does

he get booked so often?Why does he get sent off? OMG too young,inexperianced,not even a cdm.

Coutts has never made it in the team,since he's been here.

Are you prepared to risk our promotion challenge for the sake of a good,solid cdm?

So even though we have Thorne (1 month away) Eustace (2 months away) Mascarell and Coutts, you are suggesting we use our transfer budget on a DCM on a permanent transfer?

Yes.For a start Thorne is not going to be fully fit on top of his game in a months time.Say March-April

if we are lucky.Eustace too old too slow not good enough.Why does he get injured so often?why does

he get booked so often?Why does he get sent off? OMG too young,inexperianced,not even a cdm.

Coutts has never made it in the team,since he's been here.

Are you prepared to risk our promotion challenge for the sake of a good,solid cdm?

You've convinced me mate, and no, its not worth the risk.

Also, perhaps someone who was at the match yesterday could tell me if the trees played above themselves

in the 2nd half, or would we in fact have struggled to beat anyone yesterday.  (Blackpool/Milwall etc..)

Some of you really need a reality check with picking on the midfielders, when our defence bypassed them pretty much the entire game, and sometimes they hoofed or headed with absolutely no sense of purpose whatsoever. It made for a very dull affair. Grant, Keogh Bucko Omar as well as the wing backs were the main culprits yesterday. It all starts back there. 

As McClaren intimated post match,  if we just play 50/50 football ping pong with Forest they will beat us. Assombalonga is far more deadly than Martin, and although Forest are total crap, they are individually athletic.

You honestly think Bryson and Hendrick weren't to blame for that? I find that amazing. They didn't show for the ball at all, didn't win any second balls and allowed Forest the run of the midfield. Two of the best midfielders in the league, according to some. What a laugh.

Bryson and Hendrick are good players, some times great players, who had a bad game.

I think people want someone to blame, but it's coming across as ridiculous.

Both played badly, but against Blackburn they maybe the match winner - both are capable.

As long as we get promoted this season, it will mean little. It was a bad performance, however, it's a lot better beating Ipswich and losing to Forest rather than the other way round. Three points from them two games is an acceptable return.

We need to get back to our usual game, I think the prolonged rest for the regulars will come in good.

Bryson and Hendrick are good players, some times great players, who had a bad game.

I think people want someone to blame, but it's coming across as ridiculous.

Both played badly, but against Blackburn they maybe the match winner - both are capable.

As long as we get promoted this season, it will mean little. It was a bad performance, however, it's a lot better beating Ipswich and losing to Forest rather than the other way round. Three points from them two games is an acceptable return.

We need to get back to our usual game, I think the prolonged rest for the regulars will come in good.

While clearly a wild overreaction, it does highlight a problem that we have with Bryson and Hendrick. I really rate Hendrick but he's anonymous far too often and Bryson's performance levels have dropped so much from last season. It's so frustrating because we know how good they can be.

Well I think we go round in circles. Defenders were under pressure so made hasty clearances. All comes from failings in midfield IMO.

No eustace and Hughes

we lose

Get them in

And we win

Well I think we go round in circles. Defenders were under pressure so made hasty clearances. All comes from failings in midfield IMO.

No eustace and Hughes

we lose

Get them in

And we win

Pete, there were many times when there was little pressure and we just headed it as far as we could - no purpose at all. One such moment under little pressure one of our defenders just hooked it back down the field not even looking where he kicked it. It was frustrating all of us, and by the sounds of it, no one more than SM.

With the exception of Hughes who seems to have all the time in the world, my biggest observation in that second half was that it was as if the team had invisible headphones on with a voice screaming "MAN ON!!!'" everytime they received the ball.

It was bizarrely frenetic, the large majority have played in this fixture previously so the occasion shouldn't be getting the better of them this far down the line.

Truly baffling.

Archived