Fans leaving early....

RichORam

We used to leave with about 10 mins left on a Tuesday night if we were getting dicked, especially with the 2 hour drive back we had.

Very glad to say we don't have that anymore and are only about 15 mins from home.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds me up something chronic. And it goes for going for a pie early or turning up late too.

That many people leave 5 minutes early, the bloody queue is no worse! How can people leave early in tight games? How could you leave when we are winning when surely you want to show appreciation at full time?

Everyone that leaves early should be put in the same block of the stadium so it doesn't make me get in and out of my seat 25 times a game.

Shame on you for not standing....

Ours is a weird set up.

We have minibus from the Black Swan pub in Utch. Get dropped off outside the ground around 2.40pm. All fine and dandy, time for a quick one in the fan park or concourse or if we're a few minutes late, in the ground, wee, and up to the seat.

Problem is we don't all sit together. Half the minibus is in the West Upper, some in the East Stand and i'm in the South Stand, 3 rows from the back, behind the goal.

The venerable gentlemen in the East Stand like to be on the waiting minibus outside the land rover sales room as soon as poss to avoid the traffic and get back to Utch by 5.45pm. This means i have to leave my standing position at the back of the South Stand on 90 minutes and watch the added time from the front row of the South Upper so i can skedaddle out of the ground bang on the final whistle.

I for one am grateful to the ones who have left early because i slip into their seats to watch the last few minutes.

Because of the majority on the minibus wanting a quick getaway i can't afford to get stuck at the back of the stand waiting for 10 to 15 minutes to leave the stadium. The hatred and resentment from the regulars on the minibus if you're late is worse than being called a Stokie by daveo <sniff>.

I might change to forest where their smaller crowds make it far easier to exit the ground in a civilised manner.

If people want to leave early then they have every right to do so. They paid after all and I'm sure they have reasons.

Unless it's a tight match, I tend to leave around 89/90 mins, just before extra time. Leaving slightly early just helps to beat the traffic especially with a bit of a longer journey.

I don't want to seen to be picking on you personally for this rant it's just a lot of people said it and yours was the next one down so the one I quoted... this 'if people want to leave early they have every right to do so' is a load of ****.

Just like those that have turned up late or those that go down at half time 10 minutes early and arrive 10 minutes after. Its BS because I and the majority who don't do any of the previously listed things pay our money for our tickets too and yet we have to constantly be bobbing up and down and standing up and sitting down and straining our necks just cos someone thinks that getting home ten minutes earlier is more worthy of their time than applauding our lads (recently) great performances/results.

Also if you do leave early then p1ss off home! don't linger at the bottom of the stairs on the upper tier blocking the view you massive n0b j0ckeys.

Obviously leaving for reasons beyond your control is reasonable but if it's just for convenience then why not stay, applaud the team, show your appreciation etc... 

I don't want to seen to be picking on you personally for this rant it's just a lot of people said it and yours was the next one down so the one I quoted... this 'if people want to leave early they have every right to do so' is a load of sausage.

Just like those that have turned up late or those that go down at half time 10 minutes early and arrive 10 minutes after. Its BS because I and the majority who don't do any of the previously listed things pay our money for our tickets too and yet we have to constantly be bobbing up and down and standing up and sitting down and straining our necks just cos someone thinks that getting home ten minutes earlier is more worthy of their time than applauding our lads (recently) great performances/results.

Also if you do leave early then p1ss off home! don't linger at the bottom of the stairs on the upper tier blocking the view you massive n0b j0ckeys.

Obviously leaving for reasons beyond your control is reasonable but if it's just for convenience then why not stay, applaud the team, show your appreciation etc... 

I see your point. It tends to be only if don't win when I leave early. I obviously don't leave early in exciting games.

Simples.

I leave 5 minutes before the end, get to my car and am home within 10 minutes.

If I don't I sit in traffic for an hour and get home at 6.

It's a no brainer for me. Irritating but my choice and many others.

Usually go a couple of minutes from time to beat the rush, if whole stadium left at whistle we would all be there for 2 hours afterwards, got too many other commitments to sit there for that amount of time every week unfortunately. If I could guarantee getting away quickly I would stay to the end of course but can always see the goals on TV nowadays if I miss anything which is only every now and again.

I might change to forest where their smaller crowds make it far easier to exit the ground in a civilised manner.

You'll look pretty in pink

Simples.

I leave 5 minutes before the end, get to my car and am home within 10 minutes.

If I don't I sit in traffic for an hour and get home at 6.

It's a no brainer for me. Irritating but my choice and many others.

Don't you want to see the end of the match you've paid for and to applaud the players?

i think I hate not celebrating against your former team more.

Its ridiculous its the whole being overly sensitive in football, particularly where supporters are concerned and not wanting to anger supporters.

If a former player scores against us i want him to celebrate god damn it.

No it doesnt enrage me if a guy who was here for 10 years scores against us for a new team he will only be with one season.

Its part of football.

If any supporters do have a problem with this, they need to take a look at themselves.

Probably the same supporters who shout obsenitites and get irrate when an opponent scores and dares to celebrate infront of us!

Im usually the last one to leave my seat. I prefer to walk out without a crush or having to make other people stand up to let me past.

In the south stand car park its usually backed up for half an hour anyway so whats the rush? they dont let you out until away supporters have gone so pointless (well maybe if you leave really early they might)

Must admit to spitting feathers when Poom scored but that was because points were so hard to come by that season and to lose 2 at the end of a game was disaster...................

I used to hate it when school groups were put in North Stand Lower and they ponced around all through the game showing off fetching food.

Archived