The Big Wide Boys Poll

Day

The Big Wide Boys Poll  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they need alot of rotation, Wards been doing great, Dawkins dunt score much but his overall team play is better than the others, Russell hasnt been playing that well until the other night but you cant argue with his assists, especially given how little he'S played, and Ibe is a wild card. Ibe off the bench for me, pacey impact lad, until he starts looking up anyway, and rotate the others as much as required.

Dawkins and Ward. Dawkins for his consistency in finding a white shirt, Ward for his inconsistency which might include a moment of magic.

I would say Wards been our best and most in form wide form player over the course of this season so far, for that reason i've voted him and Ibe (who i think has been inconsistent ) but has shown glimpses of brilliance and under Steve this year could turn into a real force, with his raw pace and talent. 

I would say Wards been our best and most in form wide form player over the course of this season so far.

I agree, but his form can dip - but that's okay, because it comes back again. Just commenting more on the fact Ward is more likely to get you off your seat, whereas Dawkins is more likely to be part of one of our quick one-touch moves.

What's the question?

Who do we think should be selected Saturday?

Who has been in the best recent form?

Who do we think is the best overall?

Well Ward won't be fit for Saturday, if were all fit, strongest side you're putting out

I've gone with Dawkins & Ward. 

Dawkins because he gives you an extra dimension by drifting into the number 10 position and Ward as he's been the most consistant wide man so far this season and you get a slightly more team work out of him.  His set pieces are still sausage though...

All fit,current form,for me Ward and Ibe.

but I have always believed in horses for courses, and so there are games which might require more consistency to grind out a result, and in that game, Dawkins and Russell or Ward depends who's on song,

with Ibe off the bench when the other side are tiring after 60ish....

I agree, but his form can dip - but that's okay, because it comes back again. Just commenting more on the fact Ward is more likely to get you off your seat, whereas Dawkins is more likely to be part of one of our quick one-touch moves.

I'd agree with you there, i would also like to praise Jamie's work rate, chasing down and hassling the defenders to tracking back helping the full backs. Dawkins offers something different though, hes technically a clever footballer, who plays neat and tidy football and as you say likes to play quick touch football. 

Dawkins and Russell for me, then Ibe and Ward to come on with a point to prove.

The following match, swap it around.

The beauty of it is, all four players are totally different and, on their day, all potential match winners.

Ward and Russell. I like Ibe but I think he could really do more damage as an impact sub. He only seems to turn up for the first 30 minutes anyway. Use those 30 mins at the end of the game.

Ward is obviously our 2nd top scorer at the minute and Russell seems to be the only winger with a bit of power. When Russell gets space, he creates magic. When he doesn't get space...  well he ends up being marked out the game. Needs to improve on getting away from his marker and on his close control when players get tight to him. But I still think he has it.

Dawkins doesn't impress for me, he is more like a wide CM than a winger. That works quite well sometimes but I want us to take the game to the opposition more, rather than sit in possession. The stats tell us we do get enough possession already, that's not what needs changing.

I was exceedingly close to voting Ward and Ibe because I'm pretty sure there's a Johnny Cash's 'I Walk The Line' based chant in there somewhere.

'Oh, Ward and Ibe'

Yeah great idea, the South Stand is well known for its 4,000 deep bass-baritone voices. 

Archived