Noel Gallagher

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not really heard much from the high flying birds, but I promised my wife I'd take her to an oasis gig next time they toured (she was pregnant during their last tour), then they went and broke up.

Does anyone know if Noel does much oasis stuff during these gigs?

I've not really heard much from the high flying birds, but I promised my wife I'd take her to an oasis gig next time they toured (she was pregnant during their last tour), then they went and broke up.

Does anyone know if Noel does much oasis stuff during these gigs?

He played a ton of Oasis songs when I saw him in London last year.

Little by little

Anger

Wonder wall

The obvious picks of the bunch

He played a ton of Oasis songs when I saw him in London last year.

Little by little

Anger

Wonder wall

The obvious picks of the bunch

He did, but I would guess that was due to lack of decent HFB material. I would have thought touring the second album might mean less Oasis stuff next time. As for that **** Liam, he can fook right off.

I've just watched the film "Spike Island" on Sky Movies. Brought it all back for me, saw the Roses several times including Glasgow Green 1990, where we bumped into The Stone Roses on Sauchihall Street, we were just on route to see The Inspiral Carpets, the night before The Roses gig on the Green, we already had tickets for the gig, but the band put us on the guest list. Ian Brown had stopped us in the street asking for directions to the nearest Cantonese Restaurant and I had my baggy dead, dead good long sleeve baggy shirt on trying to lead the Aberdeen lads I was with, into the nearest boozer instead for our next round, wondering why we were bothering chatting to The Stone Roses! A lot of misplaced attitude back then. Best thing next day was that we all sold our tickets we already had, that we're going for big money, but we sold them at cost price right in front of some scally ticket touts, priceless!

Anyway "It's not where your from, it's where your at".......as for Oasis and co, I saw them a few times early on, but for me, it was downhill after that first album and I've never been a fan of The Beatles.

Up The Rams

Yeah, was meant to quote iram :roll:

Just thought I'd post Noels cover, love it.

I like that we are all different PrivateDerby, it's what makes the world go round.

Will never think personally that Liam is anything more than a mardy ass with a big attitude, and an ok indie singing voice, who would be a nobody without his brother,

Noel though is a very talented singer/songwriter and good on guitar too - but not so good that he should try to do a cover on The Jam who are at a different level.

Oasis. First two albums I think were really good. Pretty much downhill though after that.

• 4 months later...

It's good and stuff but it pisses me off seeing him content with being in his comfort zone. 

Dead annoying watching him slag off any new artist trying something a bit different, such as Sleaford Mods, when all of his songs could be off any of the good oasis albums from 20 years ago.

Grow a set Noel and try something a bit different instead of mouthing off in the Guardian all the time 

still love you tho xxx

A mate of mine made me listen to Sleaford Mods. I don't understand why the guy isn't just doing spoken word. The backing tracks sound like someone has set the demo running on a Cassio keyboard. I can't say I agree with many of the sentiments, but the lyrics are at least well constructed and delivered in a passionate and unique style. The music, on the other hand, is dull and uninspired. I understand it's meant to be minimalist, but personally I find it boring.

Archived