Shaun Barker leaving?

DcFc Dyycheee

How have I made a big deal? I merely stated he should just move on and focused on his side projects (fashion, arts, music, baking cakes with his wife..) Instead of 1) risk further injury 2) waste his life on the training pitch when he could be doing one of his many side projects and 3) to put everyone's mind at rest and move on.

To get bombarded with ridiculous comments such as

"you don't pay his wages"

"you have no soul "

"what's it to you?"

Overreaction or what?

Its common sense to retire from playing and live a happy healthy life, than attempt to play again and risk screwing the knee up and live like a hermit for another three years.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have cut our losses when his contract ended.

To give him another contract after his injury was bad business sense.

We should have supported him and offered the use of our facilities through his recovery but waited to see how it all went before offering him a contract.

It might not have been the best business decision from a strict, hard-nosed point of view, but it was the RIGHT thing to do.

The fact that you are the only person on here who thinks the way you do actually makes me feel pretty good about my fellow Rams fans.

Crap responses like that prove I'm right

Cheers pal

The FACT that everyone else on here thinks that you are wrong might be an indication of something, but I think that 'right' isn't the word that springs immediately to mind.

How have I made a big deal? I merely stated he should just move on and focused on his side projects (fashion, arts, music, baking cakes with his wife..) Instead of 1) risk further injury 2) waste his life on the training pitch when he could be doing one of his many side projects and 3) to put everyone's mind at rest and move on.

To get bombarded with ridiculous comments such as

"you don't pay his wages"

"you have no soul "

"what's it to you?"

Overreaction or what?

Its common sense to retire from playing and live a happy healthy life, than attempt to play again and risk screwing the knee up and live like a hermit for another three years.

"http://tomburke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/digging-a-hole" alt="digging-a-hole">

Stop digging.

Can anyone answer me this question?

If a Derby fan who'd had a Season Ticket for say, 30years, suddenly became ill, lost his job as a result and couldn't afford to go to watch his beloved rams anymore, would the club pay for his season ticket for 2 years as a gesture of good will while he recovered enough to maybe return to work?

If a Derby fan who'd had a Season Ticket for say, 30years, suddenly became ill, lost his job as a result and couldn't afford to go to watch his beloved rams anymore, would the club pay for his season ticket for 2 years as a gesture of good will while he recovered enough to maybe return to work?

probably not, he's a customer not an employee. 

There you go, answered 

I fail to see the relevance.

If you war injured at work doing your job and were sacked, then it's straight to the industrial tribunal.

Of course not, there's a difference between a customer and an employee.

Best you could hope for is a free away membership and Brentford tickets.

I fail to see the relevance.

If you war injured at work doing your job and were sacked, then it's straight to the industrial tribunal.

if you were injured at work and your contract subsequently expired, would the tribunal make the company give you an extended contract?

Slightly off topic but someone mentioned it. I do think Barker would get in our current side and strengthen it (next to Keogh).

What was so bad about the injury, I know there was dislocation of the knee and I assume there was ligament damage but what was the actual damage?

Wasn't there a compound fracture of the kneecap too, I know his surgeon said he'd never seen that amount of damage outside of a road traffic accident?

Slightly off topic but someone mentioned it.  I do think Barker would get in our current side and strengthen it (next to Keogh).

What was so bad about the injury, I know there was dislocation of the knee and I assume there was ligament damage but what was the actual damage?

without being too graphic and unscientific but, it would be a miracle playing at this level again. his knee was at a right angle, but off to the side. all the ligaments and whatnot that hold the leg together and that where torn apart... unattached. its as bad as it gets for a sports person i'd imagine. but even if he gets himself fit enough to have a kick abaht with his kids he's done well. if YOU or ME do that to your knee. you aint going to kick owt again. you've got a limp and a fear of the cold forever more. fair play to him and well done Derby for doing the right thing

Archived