British Red Cross - Ebola Outbreak Appeal

Ovis aries

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many diseases and other issues for me.I will reiterate and say perhaps South Africa or Egypt,but nowhere else.State Department is thinking of heavily restricting travel there for the forseeable future.

With the current situation, it would be silly to go to certain places. However, saying you wouldn't want to visit other places (even after the Ebola situation is over) is a real shame. You will be missing out on so many amazing experiences.

You know this is really serious, when was the last time all these special measures were set up , and the Government came on TV telling people not to panic.If Corporal Jones comes on we are sausage.

I think we may have been slow to react to Ebola, but they made a right screw-up of overplaying H5N1 bird flu. I have just set up a non- contamination unit in my house - it involves a kitchen table with a big blanket draped over it.

I've been surprised how slow the reaction has been. For years I've heard it said that if Ebola ever mutates into a more readily transmittable form it could be a cataclysmic event. Then we actually get a major outbreak and there seems to be nothing in place.     Concerning.

Africa by the way might well have some incredible experiences and opportunities, but I'm with AmericanRam - damned if I'd go. I settle for a largely incorruptible civil service, clean water, sanitation, health care, a lack of disease, genocide or famine and check out the lovely view on a modern 50inch telly. Call me shallow.

Ebolas kind of like a modern day Black Death. If this gets out then it may well take out half of a continents population like that did. I read we've readied 5 UK hospitals in case it gets over here, Sheffield Hallamshire the closest to us.

We should start and do what the States are doing, screen everyone coming in from those areas at the airports but we should do ports too. Get the boat passengers checked, if necessary, quarantine them there, they shouldn't be moved anywhere else.

Who knows how these things start? I wouldn't go either though, no ta. Plus I think stopping people going in the first place can only help to contain it, until it's gone or far better controlled.

Ebolas kind of like a modern day Black Death. If this gets out then it may well take out half of a continents population like that did. I read we've readied 5 UK hospitals in case it gets over here, Sheffield Hallamshire the closest to us.

We should start and do what the States are doing, screen everyone coming in from those areas at the airports but we should do ports too. Get the boat passengers checked, if necessary, quarantine them there, they shouldn't be moved anywhere else.

Who knows how these things start? I wouldn't go either though, no ta. Plus I think stopping people going in the first place can only help to contain it, until it's gone or far better controlled.

sadly disease is natures way of keeping the numbers down....... that's why the lord god almighty invented mosquitos..... and religion :blink:  :ph34r:

seriously though i bet those poor squadies being sent out there would rather be fighting ISIS in Syria :(

sadly disease is natures way of keeping the numbers down....... that's why the lord god almighty invented mosquitos..... and religion :blink::ph34r:

seriously though i bet those poor squadies being sent out there would rather be fighting ISIS in Syria :(

Religion's always going to feature for some isn't it. Christian leaders have already said it's a curse from God, like they said about Aids.

It's not what I personally believe, I agree with you, simply natures natural cull - but hey ho, each to his own eh?

Yep.Their are a case or two in the States also.Me travel to Africa? Never going to happen.

C'mon AR. Live dangerously. Africa is the most beautiful and interesting continent in the World. I have never felt threatened in the slightest out there. Get your jabs, pack your bag, grab Victoria and get out there :-)

Two months ago I was in Korea and noticed all these odd video cameras monitoring people as they walked by. I went up to one of the operators and asked what it was for, and it turns out they were heat-based, checking for signs of Ebola. Seems odd the UK's not even going to do that at airports, say in the arrivals hall.

Meanwhile, all travel's a great experience to broaden the mind and see new wonders. I see the club's inviting volunteers to join them on next year's Kenya trip: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-fans-urged-join-club-African/story-22836855-detail/story.html

Two months ago I was in Korea and noticed all these odd video cameras monitoring people as they walked by. I went up to one of the operators and asked what it was for, and it turns out they were heat-based, checking for signs of Ebola. Seems odd the UK's not even going to do that at airports, say in the arrivals hall.

That's Dave hedging his bets cos of the costs I bet lol.

All this money he's spending on bombs.ya know it doesn't come cheap.

Seriously though, he'll have had expert doctors in on the Cobra meetings who'll say that they can contain it. I hope they do but there's thousands of people coming in everyday, I'd say they need help with the screening. Isn't not having airport checks being a bit blase cos after all it only takes one doesn't it.

Very sad but as stated overpopulation I believe will be managed soon, im just hoping it will be quick and painless for us a zombie apocalypse because that's one way to go and the amount of walking dead ive watched will leave me in good stead :D

Looks like you might get your wish. According to an article in the Liberian newspaper, NewDawn:

Two Ebola patients, who died of the virus in separate communities in Nimba County have reportedly resurrected in the county. The victims, both females, believed to be in their 60s and 40s respectively, died of the Ebola virus recently in Hope Village Community and the Catholic Community in Ganta, Nimba.

But to the amazement of residents and onlookers on Monday, the deceased reportedly regained life in total disbelief.  The NewDawn Nimba County correspondent said the late Dorris Quoi of Hope Village Community and the second victim only identified as Ma Kebeh, said to be in her late 60s, were about to be taken for burial when they resurrected.

Ma Kebeh had reportedly been in door for two nights without food and medication before her alleged death. Nimba County has had bazaar news of Ebola cases with a native doctor from the county, who claimed that he could cure infected victims, dying of the virus himself last week.

News of the resurrection of the two victims has reportedly created panic in residents of Hope Village Community and Ganta at large, with some citizens describing Dorris Quoi as a ghost, who shouldn

Archived