Zoo

AmericanRam

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might I just say that I think that putting an animal in a Zoo, particularly a wild animal, is about one of the cruelest things man does. I know there are worse things, and that Zoos do their bit for endangered species, but really do we have to?

Might I just say that I think that putting an animal in a Zoo, particularly a wild animal, is about one of the cruelest things man does. I know there are worse things, and that Zoos do their bit for endangered species, but really do we have to?

I assume you're a vegan iram?

Well mate, their are several organization against zoos and several for them.  It really just depends on what one's own perspective is on it.  Those who are for them feel they are quite needed in terms of lowering the danger to humans in such populations in Africa or other countries these animals come from, as well as giving these animals a better life, granted they are 'locked' up as it were. Those against it are totally the opposite in terms of seeing zoos as cruel and unjust to the animals.

As for me?  I think they serve a good purpose, but do agree that perhaps more cruelty may go on more than the general public is aware of, but not that bad.  Victoria loves working where she is and eventually at zoos as well so I support her in that. 

I assume you're a vegan iram?

No, definitely human, although it has been commented that I may be half beast from the waist down.

I am quite partial to a bit of meat, in fact I love eating meat, but I wouldn't put a cut of Tiger, Lion, Elephant or Giraffe in my mouth. I did once try a bit of the old powdered Rhinohorn, but it did nothing for my lovemaking skills in fact I kept sneezing all over the unfortunate lady. I blamed her of course for keeping a filthy house.

Well mate, their are several organization against zoos and several for them.  It really just depends on what one's own perspective is on it.  Those who are for them feel they are quite needed in terms of lowering the danger to humans in such populations in Africa or other countries these animals come from, as well as giving these animals a better life, granted they are 'locked' up as it were. Those against it are totally the opposite in terms of seeing zoos as cruel and unjust to the animals.

As for me?  I think they serve a good purpose, but do agree that perhaps more cruelty may go on more than the general public is aware of, but not that bad.  Victoria loves working where she is and eventually at zoos as well so I support her in that.

I understand the two sides ARam, and you may have a point. For me though I have seen far too many animals in small areas, who you can see all day just walk around and around and around by the grooves in the land. As some of the other guys said places like Longleat, and other Safari Parks in the UK might have the balance between wild/captivity better managed. Certainly not knocking Zoology either. Good luck to the Mrs with that.

Zoos do their bit if they encourage breeding of endangered species, the pandas for one, although I think it was just last month when they confirmed ladypanda wasn't pregnant after all. And although my all time favourite Snow Leopard is there, as majestic as he looked, I felt guilty for looking at him inside a cage but in the wild their numbers are critically low, so I guess he's better off there. He did have a mate though so hopefully the family will grow.

So funny tho, the last time I went the gorilla wanged it's apple at my head. Honestly, he only just missed. And the camels had mange.

Great day out it was!

Fooking hell.....754 posts and i finally agree with summat :-)

I agree too but endangered ones need help. It's not right that they should be left to vanish when it's fookin man that's doing the endangering!!

And don't even get me started on the ivory trade. And shooting rhinos and lions for fun?? I want to damage whoever pulls the trigger.

F**k off with yer guns you absolute tossers, just leave these beautiful animals alone.

I agree too but endangered ones need help. It's not right that they should be left to vanish when it's fookin man that's doing the endangering!!

And don't even get me started on the ivory trade. And shooting rhinos and lions for fun?? I want to damage whoever pulls the trigger.

F**k off with yer guns you absolute tossers, just leave these beautiful animals alone.

The large mammals have been hunted almost to extinction.

In this country the fight is to save even garden birds and smaller mammals such as ba..... Er........stoats.

Bet you and Dav go mad at the badger cull....

bugger, ramnut beat me to it...

Archived