Leon Best - Conor Sammon in a black wig?

FlaxholmeRam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's contributed a great deal since he arrived. Multiple times he's come off the bench with other subs and changed football matches.

Did you expect another Martin in the form of cast off from another Championship club? He's not brilliant but brilliant wouldn't sit on our bench. He's certaibly a whole deal better than Sammon...

Thought he looked quite handy in his early sub appearances. But he's not got that goal, he's nowhere near pushing Martin and now he looks to desperate to do well and some of the opportunities that come his way he seems to try to get that perfect shooting chance as if to 'make sure'. Then the chance goes.

He's miles better than Sammon. Is Sammon the next player to get better by not playing?

He's dog ****. Rather play with 10 men. Believe me, we don't need reminding how bad he is.

Sorry, but nothing Best has done so far has shown he's better than Sammon. Hopefully that will change but as he's only going to get 15-20 mins most games I'm not sure how it will. Maybe a goal or two will help. At the moment he looks short of confidence, especially after a poor performance against reading in the cup, and hasn't really got involved the last couple of games when he's come on.

Yes that is correct ... because Best has played as many games, and been given as many opportunities as Sammon was.

I see we have a new scapegoat after having not slaughtered a team 10-0.

First it was Ward, then Dawkins, then Eustace ... and now ... welcome to the hot seat, Leon Best.

Jesus Christ wept.

I think that Best is bemused by what is going on around him. If you have not played in a side like Derby how would you know what to do? Practice in training. If McClaren watches Best every day why would he play him from what we see? My best bet is to make runs to create space and hopefully to obstruct defenders to the same end. Who are the candidates to fulfil that imaginary role? None really, so why not try Calero who can outwit other players. His first three metres is very fast. This is enough to create space for himself. A fox in the box is needed by the Rams.

I just do not know why there is all this moaning about the players and the formation and this and that and the other tonight. Did we capitulate to a 4-0 defeat or something?

We are a point off of the league leadership, and the side is still gelling.

Chill pills required by one and all.

It was a tough afternoon ... didn't go our way...we had to settle for a point. That is football. It is a credit to us that Millwall will be glad to get out of there on equal pegging. They damn well know that they can't live with us ... hence their game plan.

Forget it lads ... get back onto the training park, and prepare properly for the next game.

Yes that is correct ... because Best has played as many games, and been given as many opportunities as Sammon was.

I see we have a new scapegoat after having not slaughtered a team 10-0.

First it was Ward, then Dawkins, then Eustace ... and now ... welcome to the hot seat, Leon Best.

Jesus Christ wept.

Grow up. Try reading the post again and reacting sensibly.

You can't seem to accept that players didn't play well today, simple as. It happens. That doesn't mean they are being slated, or scapegoated or whatever inflammatory language you want to use. It just means they weren't very good today. And if you don't believe me, listen to the managers post match interview.

Archived