Glad we didn't make it

Jayweb95

Might sound a bit harsh but I'm glad we didn't beat QPR.. Gives us another season to become that solid side that we were today's the end of last season. Some of you on this forum are moaning already and we've only lost ONE game all season.. Imagine how they'd react to prem results.. Leicester are doing the best at the minute and they only have 5 points out of 12.. I think it just proves that we needed more time to become a solid consistant team and when we do make it to the next level we'll be able to maintain that level.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When a team goes up it invariably needs many new players ....so logic of giving current team another 12months to become more solid seems strange to me ? ( consistency means wining games in my book ...talk of 2we are not consistent" from all clubs means ...we have not been winning often enough ...... )

Bryson is very good player, but not even sure would make it in Prem. I use that as an example ...even our top players may not be Premier Material. And as we know so far Bryson has not reached the heights of last season, although he started to find lots of space on Wednesday, a real hint he will be back to his best shortly

That said, I would see Keogh, Forsyth, Hughes, Hendrick having a good chance of succeeding.  Christie would be a player who would benefit from another year, as he has potential to be a Premier League player

I would love our players to improve, and form strong nucleus of team in Premier ....

I agree we are playing very well this season, only one defeat is impressive - a big 10 days coming up ......3 winnable home games with a trip to Bolton where we should take strong support

If we go up this year, then I'll be glad. If not it was a terrible, potentially disastrous, missed opportunity, and I will regret that minute of madness at Wembley even more.

Last season was a zero to hero thing. If we can be at the top of the division for 2 season's running, winning games week in, week out, it builds a winning habit and mentality. And it allows our current squad to develop and play more games than would inevitably have been the case if in the Prem this season. Does either point matter? Only if we want to reach the Prem and retain the core of the current squad. Like many, that's my ideal, but it's hard to say why. Is it because I've invested my loyalty in this bunch of players? Is it because we have a decent number through the youth setup? Is it because I want to believe the years of tedium to stabilize the club and build the foundations well from the bottom up were worth it?

Time will tell. This is a long season and there are no guarantees. Just because we've finally managed an away win, everyone's happy, but we have to work hard for the next 8/9 months for it to mean anything.

Can't ever say I'm glad we lost at Wembley, and when you have a chance, you have to take it. If we go up automatically this year we'll be better off, but you can't plan for that.

I'd still rather be in our position than QPR's. That's what hurt me about Wembley - knowing we'd make a better fist of it, as a club that knows what it's doing. QPR add absolutely nothing to the Premier League - in fact they're a microcosm of everything wrong with it, and they don't deserve the chance to parade that 38 times this season.

Even if we went back down, we would have entertained in patches and a full Pride Park would have added something to the top flight. We'd be getting plenty of praise in the way we went about our business and the running of the club, and if we got relegated, we'd be hotly tipped to come straight back up.

Can't ever say I'm glad we lost at Wembley, and when you have a chance, you have to take it. If we go up automatically this year we'll be better off, but you can't plan for that.

I'd still rather be in our position than QPR's. That's what hurt me about Wembley - knowing we'd make a better fist of it, as a club that knows what it's doing. QPR add absolutely nothing to the Premier League - in fact they're a microcosm of everything wrong with it, and they don't deserve the chance to parade that 38 times this season.

Even if we went back down, we would have entertained in patches and a full Pride Park would have added something to the top flight. We'd be getting plenty of praise in the way we went about our business and the running of the club, and if we got relegated, we'd be hotly tipped to come straight back up.

Agree with all of this, but I don't think we were ready to go up. I think our achievements last season surprised the owners/management perhaps even more than the fans. It was a very good summer with contract renewals, and Loan acquisitions, and if we can make the top two ours to hold on to from Feb/Mar 2015 more robust plans will be in place and more time will be available to ensure our next set of signings and loan acquisitions lift the team and squad standard further more when we return to the promised land.

P.s. Duracell you seem to forget we have sold the naming rights to our stadium to a leading international isotonic drinks company.

I would love to be in the Prem right now as I do feel we have better squads than Burnley and QPR.However, we are in the Championship still and need to fight for that promotion chance again.You always want to win,period.

I am quite confident this is our season to get back to the top flight and have some success there but it is not a given and of course will not be easy.

Archived