terror threat raised in the uk

Sexydadbod

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what call me Dave tells us, it's all based on intelligence and they've obviously got some. I wouldn't like to bet on such a thing but I don't think it'll be long at all.

You are right , it will happen again here , just hope they just blow the **** out of something with minimal or no casualties , apart from the bombers .

The government decided that people are just not spending enough the cowering under their kitchen tables, therefore the government are not seen to be 'keeping people safe'.

Basically they need a bullshit reason to justify their bullshit foreign policy and the sooner the fascist ******** are put up against the wall the better.

The government decided that people are just not spending enough the cowering under their kitchen tables, therefore the government are not seen to be 'keeping people safe'.

Basically they need a bullshit reason to justify their bullshit foreign policy and the sooner the fascist ******** are put up against the wall the better.

"Power to the People!!" , come that glorious day...

Why do we need to know about terrorist alerts? I can see why the military or secret services might need them, obviously, but what does the general public gain from them?

It's because the government can use it as a pretext to any action, like restricting movement of British nationals who they suspect are jihadists, or any involvement in Iraq. Simple as that for me. 

Why do we need to know about terrorist alerts? I can see why the military or secret services might need them, obviously, but what does the general public gain from them?

It's because the government can use it as a pretext to any action, like restricting movement of British nationals who they suspect are jihadists, or any involvement in Iraq. Simple as that for me.

To be fair, if they hadn't done it and then we were attacked, everyone would be up in arms about not being warned. As usual, the government can't win.

I'm not even sure it's a criticism, you've got to be able to justify your actions...but I'm not sure whether these terror alerts actually change anything for the general public. If I saw a suspicious looking package left alone in a tube station, or a bloke with loads of bombs strapped to his chest, I'm just as likely to report it to somebody regardless of the terror alert.

Although many of these people are so fanatical it would make no difference , it may stop or slow some down if they think the cops may be on to them . 

The general public gets nothing - other than a warm fuzzy feeling that our lords and masters are looking after us.

Actually that warm fuzzy feeling might be radiation.

The answer of course is to bring in "new" laws to combat the threat.

It is, i believe, already illegal to be a terrorist, either here or abroad.

Reminds me of the new laws and stuff they proposed for newspapers after the phone hacking stuff. It was already illegal to phone hack, just as it was already illegal to bribe police officers for information.

It didn't stop Mr. Murdoch's trusted lieutenants from doing it because they knew they'd get away with it.

Why can't a government insist on upholding current Law instead of constantly looking for reasons to bring in new ones?

Archived