Bucko and Keogh - Pick One, Drop One

robglosta

Bucko's doing brilliantly to say that he is carrying a lot of excess weight - all these so-called 'top' strikers that are lodged safely in his pocket.

Bucko is playing through the pain barrier how often is Keogh injured.

Answer Keogh is always ever present and fit.

When Keogh was out injured last season Bucko looked lost lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

question for you which side of the defence does Bucko play.

Which side does Whibread play and now Shotton where does he fit in .

I think Shotton will play at centre half alongside Bucko. 

I doubt Christie would be dropped because he's put in some great performances recently.

I don't know, it took Eto'o a couple of weeks to find himself a way to get out of Buxton's back pocket. I would also argue that pace doesn't necessarily mean that you're better suited to the Premier League.

Buxton's aerial dominance, passing and positioning would stand him in better stead than Keogh's ability to correct mistakes.

In truth, if promoted, I would want two new centre-backs. However, I would be happy for Buxton to play a fairly big part. Keogh, not so much.

As I've said, I don't think either need replacing and I'm happy. I would laugh Keogh out of the room if he came wanting big wage demands - He's a player that I really wouldn't want us to break the bank to keep.  

Can't argue with your Eto'o example. And yes, I think neither have their position cemented if/when we go up.

Bucko is playing through the pain barrier how often is Keogh injured.

Answer Keogh is always ever present and fit.

When Keogh was out injured last season Bucko looked lost lol

He didn't look lost, his partners were pretty dreadful so he had to do the work of two CB's and naturally struggled.

Drop keogh all day long, bucko is the better player and Keogh has looked shaky long before the Wembley incident, which I agree wasn't entirely his fault.

If Keogh leaves DCFC we will be sorry that's for sure .

I wouldn't want that at any price.

Neither would I want Bucko to leave he's just signed a new contract.

Keep all our CBs as the OP is hypothetical

Dropping Keogh doesn't mean he would leave the club

Dropping Keogh would most likely mean he wouldn't sign a new contract .

Other teams would snap him up I have no doubt.

He was a very good signing by Clough as was Buxton who I was wrong about.

Keogh is our Captain and will play tonight

Some fans should get off his back he's more of a scapegoat than Dawkins ever is.

I wouldn't be too fussed if Keogh left...

That's just what I mean .

It's ridiculous what some fans are doing to Keogh and I'm not blaming you a poll on here made him number 1 scapegoat.

They have a go at his interview technique but that has nothing to do with his football or captaincy

Every misplaced pass is jumped on etc etc

What would dropping your captain do to a team and its morale? Everyone talks about our team spirit, I assume Keogh is a major part in keeping this group together in the dressing room/training pitch. Can anyone think of any examples of other managers dropping a captain in the past?

It's ridiculous what some fans are doing to Keogh and I'm not blaming you a poll on here made him number 1 scapegoat.

It's not about him being a scapegoat, it's based on his footballing ability. He was responsible for Charlton's 2nd and 3rd goals. Those kind of mistakes cost us points and he seems to make these mistakes far too often.

If Burnley are offering

They have a go at his interview technique but that has nothing to do with his football or captaincy

Every misplaced pass is jumped on etc etc

Equally, you nailed your Bucko-hate to the mast an awful long time ago, and you have never quite been able to bring yourself to let it go.

Do I have to pick just one?

They play so well as pair that if another drops out I'd be tempted to change both... New star CB - Whitbread (I know I'm pretty much only one who really likes him) to start.

But if it's choice between Keogh or Bucko, it's relatively easy decision. Bucko is far, far better than our captain.

Archived