stand up/ sit down??!!??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you stand up in the cinema?

Would you stand up in a restaurant?

I thought not.

And what are you all shouting about anyway?

Imagine if the whole ground behaved liked that.............tut.

I was 2nd row in the block right behind the goals and got told to sit down after about 2 minutes. The blokes behind us were happy to stand, I told the steward to leave us alone and she did. After reading the comments on here from the Rotherham game, I thought I might expect a visit from a few large gentlemen but we were left to it after that.

A token effort from stewards to get you to sit is to be expected, it is their job I guess, but if I had a fan telling me to sit in the area specifically designated as the rowdy end i'd be a bit annoyed. If you don't want to stand, sit in the North, East or West stand.

Regarding the law, it is not illegal however it is against the ground regulations to stand "persistently". Defining persistent seems to be very hard for clubs to do though.

Persistent standing means making the steward look like a prat when he keeps asking you to sit down even though those in front are stood up thus blocking the view. Well that was my experience when being dragged into the police cells as a 16 year old...

Poor form really. Unwritten rule that the South Stand was going to be the new rowdy/standing section, a few people at the back wanting to sit could potentially spoil a lot of other fans' experiences. The North Stand is there if you want a behind the goal view sitting down.

Don't give a damn whether we all sit or all stand - I like both. What I hate is the half and half nature of it all.

Last season in the South Stand I had people in front of me who would stand a bit and sit for a bit (couldn't make their minds up) - problem was that if I stood so I could see properly then I really blocked the view for the seated people behind (I'm a big unit) and I don't like to do that (doesn't feel fair in an all seater stadium in a section where we have all paid the same) - likewise I didn't think it fair to get them in front to sit down as they were clearly enjoying themselves (last thing I want on my "enjoyable" Saturady afternoon is look like an arse).

I suppose it was just one of those things but until it is resolved then it will continue and people will be pissed off one way or another.

Don't give a damn whether we all sit or all stand - I like both. What I hate is the half and half nature of it all.

Last season in the South Stand I had people in front of me who would stand a bit and sit for a bit (couldn't make their minds up) - problem was that if I stood so I could see properly then I really blocked the view for the seated people behind (I'm a big unit) and I don't like to do that (doesn't feel fair in an all seater stadium in a section where we have all paid the same) - likewise I didn't think it fair to get them in front to sit down as they were clearly enjoying themselves (last thing I want on my "enjoyable" Saturady afternoon is look like an arse).

I suppose it was just one of those things but until it is resolved then it will continue and people will be pissed off one way or another.

I like to sit down for 5 minutes sometimes when the game slows down. But I stand up for most of the match normally.

Archived