stand up/ sit down??!!??

Seems to me that there is still much confusion as to peoples seating arrangements in the south stand. I'm in the upper and fortunately have those around me who stand all game. Elsewhere not so clear cut.

Everyone who chose to frequent in the south stand knew what they were letting themselves in for but ive seen many an argument break out in the first few weeks initiated by those who are seated and cant see.

My msg is clear PUT UP OR SHUT UP aka go elsewhere.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me that there is still much confusion as to peoples seating arrangements in the south stand. I'm in the upper and fortunately have those around me who stand all game. Elsewhere not so clear cut.

Everyone who chose to frequent in the south stand knew what they were letting themselves in for but ive seen many an argument break out in the first few weeks initiated by those who are seated and cant see.

My msg is clear PUT UP OR SHUT UP aka go elsewhere.

It's worth pointing out at this stage that the South Stand is NOT a designated standing area, and that it is, technically, illegal until such times as proper safe standing is permitted - and that is going to require legislation.

Just saying.

I was 2nd row in the block right behind the goals and got told to sit down after about 2 minutes. The blokes behind us were happy to stand, I told the steward to leave us alone and she did. After reading the comments on here from the Rotherham game, I thought I might expect a visit from a few large gentlemen but we were left to it after that.

A token effort from stewards to get you to sit is to be expected, it is their job I guess, but if I had a fan telling me to sit in the area specifically designated as the rowdy end i'd be a bit annoyed. If you don't want to stand, sit in the North, East or West stand.

Regarding the law, it is not illegal however it is against the ground regulations to stand "persistently". Defining persistent seems to be very hard for clubs to do though.

I may be wrong but I have read that it is not illegal to stand in a seated area. It is down to each local authority/safety people. I'm sure I read that Cardiff had a section where they were granted permission to stand.

You are correct.

I should have said "contrary to ground regulations". It's a moot point, but it identifies the difference between civil and criminal law. Basically it is a breach of contract. By entering the ground you are demonstrating tacit acceptance of the ground regulations, and by standing you are breaking a civil contractual agreement.

It's worth pointing out at this stage that the South Stand is NOT a designated standing area, and that it is, technically, illegal until such times as proper safe standing is permitted - and that is going to require legislation.

Just saying.

Jobs worth....

Jobs worth....

What are you doing in here?

Get over to the Prediction League section and get your Take Five predictions done. A couple of weeks start is nothing - you can make that up. Do you really want JW to kick everyone's arse? We'll never hear the end of it.

What are you doing in here?

Get over to the Prediction League section and get your Take Five predictions done. A couple of weeks start is nothing - you can make that up. Do you really want JW to kick everyone's arse? We'll never hear the end of it.

That's a young mans game. Besides I've not got over the shame of the WC league yet.

Archived