Ryan Shotton - Steve Nicholson

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Derby-make-offer-Ryan-Shotton/story-22762387-detail/story.html

Comments (0)

DERBY County have made an offer to take Ryan Shotton loan on a half or season-long loan.

But Stoke have cold-shouldered the offer for now because they want to sell the versatile defender-cum-midfielder.

Shotton is desperate to move away to re-ignite his career after falling down the pecking order at Stoke.

And his availability has alerted several clubs in both the Premier League and Championship.

Newly-promoted Leicester and Burnley have both made tentative inquiries.

And there has been interest from Blackburn, Middlesbrough and Bournemouth.

Fenton-born Shotton, now 25, spent the first half of last season on loan at Wigan before returning to the Britannia.

He is one of many players, also including Brek Shea, Cameron Jerome and Wilson Palacios, that Stoke are looking to sell or loan to lighten their top-heavy first-team squad.

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Derby-make-offer-Ryan-Shotton/story-22762387-detail/story.html#ixzz3AjiCkOoL

Read more at http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Derby-make-offer-Ryan-Shotton/story-22762387-detail/story.html#cht905ECu4pb21cY.99

Also posted in Stoke Sentinel ?- a couple of minutes ago. Boy SN is good. Don't know how to attach the link from I-pad but...

DERBY County have made an offer to take Ryan Shotton loan on a half or season-long loan. But Stoke have cold-shouldered the offer for now

I now see NSR has supplied everything required. A good acquisition I would suspect to cover/challenge Christie and Keogh, and to let Freeman go. Will be interesting to see whether we have still got a bit of money available to spend or if we are only interested in respect of a loan

Will offer us something different.

Thought he'd of come in before Christie though mind but he can play CB and in midfield. 

Came up with a draft XI if he did sign.. (Expecting hate)..

"d53d3df33fb2c4aaeaede679d439ca4d" alt="d53d3df33fb2c4aaeaede679d439ca4d">

Be a good player to have in the squad for sure. If anything happened to Christie, he is more than capable of filling in.

According to that Stoke paper. There are a couple of prem teams and quite a few championship teams that are interested in Shotton and also that Stoke want a permanent deal.

I can't see us getting him because if there are that many teams in for him, you would think someone would agree to sign him permanently.

If nobody wants to sign him permanently then you would think one of them teams would offer him guaranteed first team football.

From the sound of things in that Stoke paper he seems quite keen to get out of Stoke and get playing football again. 

I would imagine he would choose a club that would offer him first team football.

I'd like him here though for definite.

The only thing I could say is if McClaren tells him to come here you wont be first choice, but if you get a chance and take it you will keep your place.

Will offer us something different.

Thought he'd of come in before Christie though mind but he can play CB and in midfield. 

Came up with a draft XI if he did sign.. (Expecting hate)..

"d53d3df33fb2c4aaeaede679d439ca4d" alt="d53d3df33fb2c4aaeaede679d439ca4d">

Would be interesting to see how that formation work, personally I would love us to try it!

Archived