Ryan Shotton - Steve Nicholson

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Derby England Loyal.

Why do some fans keep saying we need a striker??

We play 1 up front and currently have 2 centre forwards vying for the one position.

McClaren had said that Sammon was one of the 4 options to play wide.

We need a winger not a striker.

Also we have played 3 games, won 2, drew 1 and not conceded a goal.

All of a sudden some people want us to change formation. The formation that served us so well last season.

Its not the formation thats the problem. Its the fact that we arent taking our chances.

If we werent creating chances then i'd be open to a change of formation. But we are.

From the sound of things in that Stoke paper he seems quite keen to get out of Stoke and get playing football again. 

I would imagine he would choose a club that would offer him first team football.

I think just getting out of Stoke might be quite persuasive.

Shotton would fit the bill in terms of defensive cover. Along with Whitbread, that gives us solid and reliable options.

All this talk of changing the formation to something uber-complicated like the one I have seen posted on here ... is a lot of pointless *****.

Simplicity is genius.

I have been around Derby County Football Club since the early-eighties pal.Have seen it all.

The side he coached is one of the best Derby sides in living memory. No complaints at all with anything that McClaren has done for this club.

Football is a simple game ... a lot of people seem to want to turn it into rocket science.

That multi-position soup you posted is just ludicrous, and wouldn't be employed in a million months of Sundays.

Looked pretty abject to me, but then i'd only be a bairn back then.

I can honestly say that is the first time in nearly 30 years support for DCFC that I've ever seen anyone describe him as 'pretty good'. :-)

I do recall of course that he was very injury prone.

Looked pretty abject to me, but then i'd only be a bairn back then.

I can honestly say that is the first time in nearly 30 years support for DCFC that I've ever seen anyone describe him as 'pretty good'. :-)

I do recall of course that he was very injury prone.

I think Pickering came from Sunderland but was plagued by injuries at Derby

http://www.safc.com/news/features/2014/april/potd-nick-pickering

Would be interesting to see how that formation work, personally I would love us to try it!

3-3-1-1-1-1?

Why don't we just go for a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1?

We don't need another striker.

Agree with Derby England Loyal.

Why do some fans keep saying we need a striker??

We play 1 up front and currently have 2 centre forwards vying for the one position.

McClaren had said that Sammon was one of the 4 options to play wide.

We need a winger not a striker.

Exactly, read my post. Jerome could be utilised on the wing, much in the same way we use Ward. Both are strikers techincally but due to their pace, especially Jerome, could be useful played behind Martin/ on the wing.

In recent games, Dawkins, Russell and Ward have been playing less as wingers and more as inside forwards with a tendency to drift out wide to offer more width to the overall play. If McClaren wants inside forwards rather than wingers then Jerome would be perfect, good shot combined with the ability to beat a man makes him effectively a better version of Ward.

If they want rid of him, he will be available cheaper also. The only issue would be wages but with Sammon gone to Ipswich, some of the wage budget will have been freed up there.

Archived