Calero call up or loan?

Jayweb95

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give him time, for goodness sake.

If he continues to do the business, then his inclusion in the first team match squad is inevitable.

Also, sending him out on loan when he's only just arrived and is settling into the area would be a horrendous mistake.

I think he should be included on the bench for the second round of the cup and perhaps give him a 20 minute run-out in the second half. Regarding the next round I have a distinct feeling we will be drawn away to a Premiership club. Should know in about seven hours time.

but we're a seeded team, thought that meant we wouldn't be drawn a prem team?

Calero is certainly exciting talent and should make the first team at some point this season if he keeps it up, but a loan would be a bad, bad, bad idea.

We're playing in the Under-21 Premier League and for those that don't know, the standard is very good. He'll be a key player for us in that, at least early on, which is what he was brought in for. 

I think he should be included on the bench for the second round of the cup and perhaps give him a 20 minute run-out in the second half. Regarding the next round I have a distinct feeling we will be drawn away to a Premiership club. Should know in about seven hours time.

No we won't.

Bet you all Fridgy's (lack of) money.

Definitely don't loan him out. He's only just arrived at the club and he needs time to settle in with the rest of the lads, the coaching and playing style, and life in the area in general before we could even think about loaning him out elsewhere.  He certainly seems to be playing well in the U21s so far and if he keeps on impressing then he will surely force his way into the match day squad, making a loan move even less of a priority, but at this point in time it should be nothing more than a transitional period for him to get used to Derby County.  There's no need to fast track his development.

Trust McClaren. He won't keep him stashed in the U21's if he could add something to us.

We have Best, Martin, Dawkins, Ward and Russell. Is he better than those? Because if he's not better than them he won't gain much from getting splinters in his arse.

I've never seen him though.

Archived