• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1, Tuntematon Sotilas

2, Schindler's List

3. The Thin Red Line

4. The Deer Hunter

5. The Bridge On The River Kwai

I thought about Schindlers List and Deer Hunter but don't consider them war films. Love number 5. 

Bloody hell forgot Great Escape and Das Boot is better in the mini series form IMO

A really difficult choice, so I've gone for five that are way out there as being far-from-typical war films...

1. Das Boot

2. Ice Cold In Alex

3. The Hill

4. The One That Got Away

5. The Caine Mutiny

A really difficult choice, so I've gone for five that are way out there as being far-from-typical war films...

1. Das Boot

2. Ice Cold In Alex

3. The Hill

4. The One That Got Away

5. The Caine Mutiny

AHHH forgot Alex too. Can i change my list?

I thought about Schindlers List and Deer Hunter but don't consider them war films. Love number 5. 

Bloody hell forgot Great Escape and Das Boot is better in the mini series form IMO

The original screenplay of Das Boot is magnificent, but I totally agree. The TV series is (in my opinion) one of the greatest pieces of television of all time.

I can understand The Deer Hunter not being considered as a war film by every one but Schindler's List is one of the most accurate war films there is. In my mind.

My choices would have to be (in no particular order):

Inglorious Basterds

Saving Private Ryan

Apocalypse Now

Enemy At The Gates

Full Metal Jacket

Also worth mentioning Band of Brothers, excellent TV show following the true to life story of the 101st airbourne division throughout their tour of service during WW2.

Archived