Who is Derby"s best current player?

sage

This is so hard to answer, so its a case of who would we miss the most in a competative match.

Got to be Martin, as we don't have a replacement of any kind, perhaps Best if we get him will

be someone in the same mold.

Could of course be a case for anyone of 5/6 players though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant and Martin - hard to split them. One absolutely brilliant at keeping us in games and the other fantastic for putting games to bed.

Best in terms of monetary value - Hughes although a good season from Jeff and he could be hot on his heals. Real shame about Thorne.

The last I heard he was out for up to 9 months - is this still the case or is there hope for a return sooner?

I said it the day of his operation and I'll say it now. I expect Thorne will be playing for the under 21s by the end of Feb. ACL takes between 6-12 months for an athlete to recover however you cannot be operated on until you have full movement in the knee. The fact he has had the operation suggests that he had full movement in his knee. He's also gone through rehabilitation for this injurt before so will know what worked for him best. 

Are people picking the most important or the best footballer?

Think Sage was looking for the best footballer?

I'd agree 100% that Martin is the most important player and that technically he's one of our best and the best striker we've have in years. But I'd never agree that's he's a better footballer than Hughes.

Archived