Who do you admire ?

Cisse

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why ?

Bizarrely Bomber Command were treated somewhat shabbily after the war.

But Bomber Harris recognised that the heavy bomber was going to be the decisive weapon; and that the way to win the war was to destroy the supply lines to the German army; to destroy the factories etc.

He was correct.

it was the relentless bravery and the war of attrition delivered by the RAF which slowly but surely turned the tables and led to eventual victory.

He more than anyone had to shoulder responsibility for the dirty work that was necessary to deliver victory.

There were some incredibly brave pilots like Guy Gibson and Leonard Cheshire who were celebrated but half of Bomber Command were killed, and Bomber Harris stayed admirably loyal to his men.

top man.

I became obsessed with Hannibal Barca and still find him to be like a hero. Does that count? He's not exactly current news and I don't really want to be like him.

But basically if they make a film, write a book, sing a song....whatever, I want it.

If I had to name somebody more current who I admire... sounds cheesy but you know when you get in the position of say Colin Bloomfield? Where you are relying more or less on miracles? To face that is immense.

I don't (even though it's probably wrong) admire or appreciate the work being done by celebrities and stuff for Children In Need and Comic Relief etc. To counter that I'm more impressed and in admiration of MafiaBob beating gambling problems. Dunno why, just am.

I became obsessed with Hannibal Barca and still find him to be like a hero. Does that count? He's not exactly current news and I don't really want to be like him.

But basically if they make a film, write a book, sing a song....whatever, I want it.

If I had to name somebody more current who I admire... sounds cheesy but you know when you get in the position of say Colin Bloomfield? Where you are relying more or less on miracles? To face that is immense.

I don't (even though it's probably wrong) admire or appreciate the work being done by celebrities and stuff for Children In Need and Comic Relief etc. To counter that I'm more impressed and in admiration of MafiaBob beating gambling problems. Dunno why, just am.

Thanks, day at a time.... I'm never far away from a bet though!

Funnily enough with the gambling problems I have.... The person I admire is AP McCoy.... The man is the most amazing sportsman I've ever known.... The amount his body has gone through and the amount if winners he has ridden. Literally carrying horses over the line! Rather be happy riding in a seller on a Saturday evening in Southwell than being snapped coming out of a club. Hardworking, humble and honest. To me he's the greatest sportsman that's ever lived and is still at the top of his game after nearly twenty years there. Fully deserved his SPOTY in 2010 and become the first jockey to break 300 winners in a season this time.

Daveo.

He rules this forum in a way Hitler would be proud of.

Eradicating any foreign entities with ruthless efficiency.

Or at least reducing their post count.

Archived