Fire at Bramall Lane

Subman

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So dangerous - easy to say only flares but when I trained as a steward in 93 at the BBG, we were shown video footage of a variety of fires in stadiums, everyone remembers Bradford but others which fortunately didn't result in deaths have occured, 1 I remember was at Filbert st in a concrete floored stand.

I'm all for getting atmosphere in the grd - but this is something I'm glad we don't see in the English game.

I'm going to be fair to the Fenerbahce fans though, flares are the norm in Turkey and perfectly acceptable. Clearly someone didn't tell them we ban flares in England for safety reasons.

Happens with some of the foreign teams that play England at Wembley, we are one of only a few countries to ban them and not all foreign fans are aware of that.

Totally agree that they are banned for good reason though.

I'm going to be fair to the Fenerbahce fans though, flares are the norm in Turkey and perfectly acceptable. Clearly someone didn't tell them we ban flares in England for safety reasons.

Happens with some of the foreign teams that play England at Wembley, we are one of only a few countries to ban them and not all foreign fans are aware of that.

Totally agree that they are banned for good reason though.

Flares are the norm in Birmingham too. Jacket and shirt with nice wide lapels, and a kipper tie.

Archived