i'm quite worried about the defence. Assuming freeman does go we have:

forsyth

naylor

whitbread

obrien - played like no football for ages

keogh - still looking very shaky

bucko

christie - question marks defensively

i would have thought that after getting a back up for chris martin, defence has to be the priority, before we look at wingers or cdm's.

for me, i would want another good centre back, right footed and a vocal organiser to compete with keogh; and another right back.

According to DCFC Official on Twitter he's on the bench tonight so I can't see us having got as far as having a fee agreed...

Sheffield United have been successful"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> in an approach for Derby County defender Kieron Freeman.

United boss Nigel Clough, formerly of Derby, has been a long time admirer of full-back Freeman and had advances rejected for the player earlier in the summer.

It has now been confirmed that a fee"http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1" alt="icon1"> has been agreed for the 22-year-old.

The Blades are free to discuss personal terms with the player, who has made 25 appearances for Derby, after joining on a free transfer from rivals Nottingham Forest.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/New-deal-Derby-County-striker-Mason-Bennett-looks/story-22012930-detail/story.html

i'm quite worried about the defence. Assuming freeman does go we have:

forsyth

naylor

whitbread

obrien - played like no football for ages

keogh - still looking very shaky

bucko

christie - question marks defensively

i would have thought that after getting a back up for chris martin, defence has to be the priority, before we look at wingers or cdm's.

for me, i would want another good centre back, right footed and a vocal organiser to compete with keogh; and another right back.

..plus Naylor T. Hanson....but yeah that doesn't answer the concern. If Keogh continues to be shakey I don't see any reason not to start with Whitbread; he looked good in the air and on the deck to me from the little game time he's had. Keogh could back up til he has an opportunity to rediscover some confidence and form or is shipped out for a fee, which could be then used to replace him.

The right-back cover is a real must-do-soon though, for back-up and competition reasons. 

It's been done to death I know, but the next priority has to be to free up the wage money (along with a fee if we can get one) tied up in big Conor. I feel bad for him if he reads this and anything like it, but the proverbial fish in the barrell needs to be put out of his and our misery so we can all move on, in Derby's case to get another out-and-out front man in who has the proven or the potential ability at this level! Big fish is in the wrong pond and has neither I'm sorry to say.    

Archived