Season Ticket 2 & 3 Year Price Fix

Stive Pesley

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe - I was at the Y90MIN thing too, there is sure to be a big discussion on it when they make the official announcement.

Dunno about you mate, but I got the distict impression that the Club were very nervous about the whole thing - like they'd had a good idea but were half expecting to get shot down in flames for it.

Maybe - I was at the Y90MIN thing too, there is sure to be a big discussion on it when they make the official announcement.

Dunno about you mate, but I got the distict impression that the Club were very nervous about the whole thing - like they'd had a good idea but were half expecting to get shot down in flames for it.

I get the impression from last night that it's a help for the supporters and it helps the club with FFP. ie revenue up front from a limited amount of supporters on a first come first served basis probably for a limit say of 5000 supporters.

For example say an individual pays 60 pounds upfront and gets their season ticket price fixed for the next 2-3 years.

You don't have to even if you pay the 60 pounds upfront renew your season ticket if you don't want to each year it's just a non refundable insurance payement to fix the price for an individual's peace of mind to protect against price increases if we get in the premier league etc

The details have all got to be worked out as regards amounts and limits etc.

I am very skeptical of this. If it does not lead to price savings for the most loyal fans then shame on them. 

Our season tickets are dirt cheap - you're just having a dig for the sake of it.

What's your definition of 'most loyal fan' - you?

I am very skeptical of this. If it does not lead to price savings for the most loyal fans then shame on them.

How much did prices go up by this season? If they offer the price fixing option then the price will be fixed lower than the early bird renewal price. Guaranteed savings.

Over 20 years ago they launched a 3year season ticket   -    nothing extra to pay to get one or if the price went up during the 3 years. . But then they launched the earlybird discount and this WAS refunded. So win win all round.

Our season tickets are dirt cheap - you're just having a dig for the sake of it.

What's your definition of 'most loyal fan' - you?

Well according to you I don't even go to matches. That is your standard retort to anyone who disagrees with you. Most loyal in this context is pretty obvious. 

FFP is a driver for this as it will be classed as incoming revenue.

Can't see the problem the club are not forcing anyone to do it .

If people don't want to do it they take their chances on any price increases.

It's probably only going to be for the first 5k who want it anyway so people will have to get in early

I doubt any club could freeze prices in the Premier League after they get promoted.

Something else that was mentioned regarding season tickets as I understand it was the fact they would like to have uniformity in prices between categories .

Well according to you (a) I don't even go to matches.  (b) That is your standard retort to anyone who disagrees with you. © Most loyal in this context is pretty obvious

a) When did I say you don't go to matches? If you can locate that quote AND post definitive proof that you do, then I will gladly retract.

b) Anybody is entitled to disagree with me, but like in elementary mathematics, points are deducted if you don't show your working.

c) I'm guessing that 'most loyal' is someone who goes to as many games as they can reasonably attend, home and away.

Som other points to clarify from last night

This price-lock idea will only be open to Adults and Seniors - not kids tickets. The reasoning behind this was that it would get to complicated if a child changes age category part way through the 2/3 year price lock

Also we confirmed that they were talking about a flat-rate across the board regardless of your ST category - because (as just mentioned) the plan is to make the differences (and price increases) between categories uniform going forward.

I also have a suspicion that part of the driver here is that they have tempted a lot of people into the South Stand with cheap tickets and realise that they have to somehow align those prices back into the "uniform" plan going forward. It will be interesting to see what the deal is that they put on the table in relation to the South Stand

Archived