Zenit St Petersburg v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CALM DOWN. We are playing team of internationals that would probably come 5th to 8th in the Premier League. We are doing ok and they scored from a fluke deflection and it was never a penalty.

Our weakest players look the full backs and Ward. Bryson and Thorne are obviously a week to two behind the others in match sharpness. We have Hughes and Russell to come into this team.

Buxton, Martin and Dawkins don't look out of place at all.  

mcsilks going to put some yen on Derby getting relegated.

I have said that our defence is not that great. I stand by that. We have a very raw kid at right back. I've never rated Keogh particularly. Forsyth is great going forward but questionable defensively.

We leaked so many goals last season and even the play off final was a mistake from our defence.

Did I say we are getting relegated?

No. STOP twisting what I am saying. Disagree with it by all means but don't come out with bulls*it statements like "mcsilks thinks we are going to get relegated". It cheapens you.

The rest of the squad looks great and I fully expect us to challenge for a place in that top six but the midfield and the attack are let down by our back four.

CALM DOWN. We are playing team of internationals that would probably come 5th to 8th in the Premier League. We are doing ok and they scored from a fluke deflection and it was never a penalty.

Our weakest players look the full backs and Ward. Bryson and Thorne are obviously a week to two behind the others in match sharpness. We have Hughes and Russell to come into this team.

And it's pre season so it doesn't remotely matter until August 9th

I found that a disappointing half from us to be perfectly honest. Everyone seemed nervous on the ball apart from Hendrick

agreed we look in awe of their players, everybody looks nervous and out of their comfort zone,  that being said Witsel looks first class 

What he said !!

We're calm. We're not the ones starting comments with CAPS LOCK  ;)

I have said that our defence is not that great. I stand by that. We have a very raw kid at right back. I've never rated Keogh particularly. Forsyth is great going forward but questionable defensively.

We leaked so many goals last season and even the play off final was a mistake from our defence.

No. STOP twisting what I am saying. Disagree with it by all means but don't come out with bulls*it statements like "mcsilks thinks we are going to get relegated". It cheapens you.

The rest of the squad looks great and I fully expect us to challenge for a place in that top six but the midfield and the attack are let down by our back four.

Just one thing.

We really did not concede that many goals once Steve was in charge, us having a leaky defence all season is a myth.

sorry about that (just remember your 7th prediction last Jan), but that is a warm up game and we are playing a Champions League team, I'd be worried if made mistakes in league matches but at the moment I'm prepared to give Christie a chance rather than people (not you) who slated him within minutes based on what some Cov fans were saying.

Just one thing.

We really did not concede that many goals once Steve was in charge, us having a leaky defence all season is a myth.

Are you happy with our defence?

We have an inexperienced kid at right back with a backup who's barely good enough for League One.

Who do we have at back-up for our centre halves?

Who's our back-up at left back?

Our first choice defence is average but should any of them pick up an injury (which history tells us they most certainly will), who do we have to come in?

I'm glad you seem happy with the defence. It just goes to show how two fans can see something so completely differently.

Archived