George Thorne

CumbrianRam

Aye you have improved your squad a fair bit, but you certainly haven't improved your manager

Hhmmm. That is questionable. You see Pepe Mel was that **** the assistants took over (and Mel did next to nothing). So, Irvine is an improvement on "next to nothing" Mel.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody norah, sense of humour failure from the Baggies* over the George Thorne Saga.

Oh well. I still hate them for not beating us in 2007. 100% their fault for subjecting us to the following season of misery.

They let Giles Barnes set up the winner with a broken foot. Wtf?

*at least they can treat it with their Premier League medical facilities.

Hhmmm. That is questionable. You see Pepe Mel was that **** the assistants took over (and Mel did next to nothing). So, Irvine is an improvement on "next to nothing" Mel.

That's debatable  :lol: Well Irvine hasn't managed for 3 or 4 years now so he might have improved since his Sheff Wednesday stint. And to be fair to him, he's made some decent signings so far so you never know, he might do well

What kind of juvenile insult is "self indulgent shit cunts"? That sounds like a 10 year old who is showing off his swear words to his mates  :lol:

I thought that one made them look pretty cool if I'm honest. In fact I might start using it at home.

That's debatable :lol: Well Irvine hasn't managed for 3 or 4 years now so he might have improved since his Sheff Wednesday stint. And to be fair to him, he's made some decent signings so far so you never know, he might do well

The signings have nothing to do with Irvine as the transfer targets were identified long before he was appointed. If we are struggling by December, I suspect he will be fired.

Off to ned now. As I wrote earlier, I hope Thorne is ok

11 points. The prem is quacking in their boots for your eventual return :D

I only wish we had such major effect on it as WBA.

We need to be in that league for the money and the big squads you can afford to keep so maybe one day we can win a domestic cup and get Europa football.

If you ain't doing that (which you aren't) then what's the point? There's no fun in clinging on for dear life so you can look down on someone in the Championship that's scored a shed load of goals, won half their games and been to Wembley.

I admit you've got to be in it to win it. But until you've done something more than hang on then I'd keep your feet on the ground. As for struggling to afford

''The lack of self-awareness from them is ******* hysterical. On one page they're wanking themselves stupid about signing one of our reserves, then on then next they're crowing about how much of a bigger club than us they are. Mental''

At this point, I seriously cannot tell if they are joking or not. The hypocrisy of saying we lack self-awareness is ridiculous when they're swanning around, acting as if they're the Barcelona of the English game.

Also, why are they so bothered about Thorne if he is just ''one of their reserves''. With the best will in the world, if Kwame Thomas was sold to someone else for a decent fee, I wouldn't get this worked up about it...      :lol:

I only wish we had such major effect on it as WBA.

We need to be in that league for the money and the big squads you can afford to keep so maybe one day we can win a domestic cup and get Europa football.

If you ain't doing that (which you aren't) then what's the point? There's no fun in clinging on for dear life so you can look down on someone in the Championship that's scored a shed load of goals, won half their games and been to Wembley.

I admit you've got to be in it to win it. But until you've done something more than hang on then I'd keep your feet on the ground. As for struggling to afford

''The lack of self-awareness from them is ******* hysterical. On one page they're wanking themselves stupid about signing one of our reserves, then on then next they're crowing about how much of a bigger club than us they are. Mental''

At this point, I seriously cannot tell if they are joking or not. The hypocrisy of saying we lack self-awareness is ridiculous when they're swanning around, acting as if they're the Barcelona of the English game.

Also, why are they so bothered about Thorne if he is just ''one of their reserves''. With the best will in the world, if Kwame Thomas was sold to someone else for a decent fee, I wouldn't get this worked up about it...      :lol:

There are deluded sections of our fanbase that lack self awareness, the ones that believe we will walk the league and say silly things like "Europe in 4 years".

However there are also deluded sections of WBA's fanbase that lack self awareness and believe that George Thorne will never be good enough for the Premier League and think that avoiding relegation in the Premier League every year is something to be proud of (there's a reason the bottom Premier League sides often get lower attendances than high Champ sides. Nobody wants to pay to see their team lose to better teams most weekends).

That's the passion of football. It attracts delusional people. You have to be enthusiastic to the point of delusion to follow this bloody game anyway.

At the end of the day "My Club > Your Club" is a mentality that can't be taken away from football fans.

Also, why are they so bothered about Thorne if he is just ''one of their reserves''. With the best will in the world, if Kwame Thomas was sold to someone else for a decent fee, I wouldn't get this worked up about it... :lol:

The thing is, so what if he was only in their reserves? His position in the squad has no bearing on his ability. We know how good he is, they don't. They, like all Premier League also rans, haven't the balls to give youth a chance. He could well have been their best midfielder, they'll never know now.

I'd imagine some West Brom mutant will read that and take the michael. Well look at it this way. A year ago Ross Barkley was back at Everton having had two disappointing loan spells at Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday. They gave him a chance. Look what happened.

And anyway, as they liked to tell us, he wasn't even a proper reserve, he was starting to get a run in the first team and then got injured.

There are deluded sections of our fanbase that lack self awareness, the ones that believe we will walk the league and say silly things like "Europe in 4 years".

However there are also deluded sections of WBA's fanbase that lack self awareness and believe that George Thorne will never be good enough for the Premier League and think that avoiding relegation in the Premier League every year is something to be proud of (there's a reason the bottom Premier League sides often get lower attendances than high Champ sides. Nobody wants to pay to see their team lose to better teams most weekends).

That's the passion of football. It attracts delusional people. You have to be enthusiastic to the point of delusion to follow this bloody game anyway.

At the end of the day "My Club > Your Club" is a mentality that can't be taken away from football fans.

Yep, good point. 'Europe in 4 years' is just silly... it's gonna be 3 maximum       :ph34r:

We've had this discussion on Albion boards, whether it's better to be a big fish in a little pond or play Man C, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. the results were pretty much mixed 50:50. I guess it comes down to " the grass is always greener on the other side"

If you're top of this league and winning it's fun

If you're bottom of the PL and losing it's not

But football is so badly balanced that you're miles better off to be the PL side.

We need to be in the PL. You can't achieve anything from here. All the keys to all the doors are up there. You have massive squads, money, attention.

It's more fun here. You can go into every single game confident of winning. About 12 teams will believe they will finish in the top 6 next season. In the PL there's about 7. And 8 will be scared stiff of relegation.

But thanks to Sky you can't build from this level. You have to be a whipping boy for Chelsea to be able build. Wtf is that about? A Spanish international would much rather join a struggling PL side than a top Championship side. He'd rather fight a losing battle than star in a victory. For money and to be in the shop window.

I just wish the top 6 or so would fook off to a European Super League so we can all be poor but atleast it'd be fun.

Archived