Chris Martin has become a fans favourite

Curtains

I think what Martin does is perfectly acceptable. I never find myself saying get up you fool. Always laughing at the defender that committed the foul. He is a big guy and can stay on his feet but it is not like he is cheating or actually diving. Always sufficient contact for me. 

What he does is intelligent.

Proves my point.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems to show how values have changed in the game.

At one time diving, going down easily, simulation....whatever you want to call it......was despised as gamesmanship.

Now gamesmanship is acceptable....even applauded.

But why would he stay on his feet under the challenge? What's his incentive to stay on his feet? Sure, in the interests of good sporting conduct he should try to stay on his feet, but then the defender committing a foul isn't exactly demonstrating good sportsmanship either. He might as well go down under the foul.

But why would he stay on his feet under the challenge? What's his incentive to stay on his feet? Sure, in the interests of good sporting conduct he should try to stay on his feet, but then the defender committing a foul isn't exactly demonstrating good sportsmanship either. He might as well go down under the foul.

I like the player that get's stuck in and carries on. But Martin is not mobile is he. He would get fouled and that would be it, the defender takes the ball off him. Nothing wrong with reading a situation and drawing in the foul. 

I like the player that get's stuck in and carries on. But Martin is not mobile is he. He would get fouled and that would be it, the defender takes the ball off him. Nothing wrong with reading a situation and drawing in the foul. 

Especially when he can put the free kicks in the back of the net the way he did against Bournemouth haha

John o'hare would never have been on his feet if he'd flopped over every time he was touched.

I think what Martin does is perfectly acceptable. I never find myself saying get up you fool. Always laughing at the defender that committed the foul. He is a big guy and can stay on his feet but it is not like he is cheating or actually diving. Always sufficient contact for me. 

What he does is intelligent. 

Exactly, he puts himself between the man and ball to draw the foul in dangerous situations. If the defender is silly enough to commit and doesn't win the ball it's a free kick for the team. Like you said, very intelligent play.

But in those days, he wouldn't have been given the free kick for it.

Sorry but i find it a bit pathetic.

He's a big bloke. Goes down far too easily.

Martin's third was a peach.

Made even better considering his movement..

"2bffdb202c723763d89fdea46c9d9f70" alt="2bffdb202c723763d89fdea46c9d9f70">

He was there moments before Jeff passed it in.

He was playing centre mid at the time just FYI

Archived