Cristian Gamboa - Nixon Rumour

willo55

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- 24-year-old Rosenborg defender.

- played in every game for Costa Rica

- microscopic in comparison to Wisdom. 5'8'' to be exact. 

World Cup stats in comparison with Wisdom last season:

Played - 5

Tackles per game - 4.6; Wisdom (last season) - 1.4

Interceptions per game - 0.8; Wisdom - 0.6

Fouls PG - 1.8; Wisdom - 0.6

Clearances PG - 2.4; Wisdom - 3

Dribbled past - 1; Wisdom - 0.3

Avg pass PG - 24.2; Wisdom - 42.4

Pass accuracy - 68.6%; Wisdom - 82.9%

Accurate crosses PG - 0.2; Wisdom - 0.5

Accurate long ball - 0.2; Wisdom - 1.7

*take into account circumstances and opposition. 

Linked with Barcelona on the 27th June as a possible replacement for Dani Alves - http://www.teletica.com/Deportes/58213-Cristian-Gamboa-en-la-lista-de-posibles-refuerzos-del-Barcelona.note.aspx 

Linked with Hull three days ago - http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-transfer-talk-Costa-Rica-s-Cristian/story-21335282-detail/story.html

Match report against Uruguay: On the right, Christian Gamboa repeatedly sprinted forward against Uruguay, overlapping energetically and whipping in a wonderful ball for Joel Campbell

There's couple players in Rosenborg's team I would take straight away and he's not one of them. They play with similar style and 4-3-3 like we do, so tactically it wouldn't be big change. Their both full backs have orders to attack and defence looks very shaky most of the time.

Not sure about a fee.

+ Could be pricey 'cause he has long contract. And RBK are not exactly needing money, just better players...

- Not sure has he been in first team this season. Dorsin (Swedish international, usually LB) has been RB in some games, that I'm sure about.

Yeah.....Hull Daily Mail reported that Tigers were after him.....

But rather worryingly he was a doubt for the WC with a knee injury which turned out (so they say) to be a 'sprained knee'. The same knee I believe that he injured in the WC and led to him being substituted. So, maybe a knee op is required........

I've just looked on a Rosenborg fan website, the jist I got was to sell him because of his World Cup form building his price tag up.

I can't help but feel this is, despite his World Cup, a bit of a gamble. However, he seems to have promise. 

2 questions

1. Why are we not abusing Nixon for another 'bullshit' story?

2. Why has no questioned the OP about being ITK?

Because I've only just seen this now. Give me a chance - I need to look up some new expletives to fit Nixon because such things don't come naturally to me.

Archived