Cristian Gamboa - Nixon Rumour

willo55

No one has mentioned team balance here, if Gamboa is given licence to get forward all the time aren't we going to become a lot more leaky? I expected someone similar to Wisdom...

I don't think this will be such a problem so long as both Forsyth and Gamboa understand that when the other is off shooting down the wing they must sit back and hold the line with the centre halves.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one has mentioned team balance here, if Gamboa is given licence to get forward all the time aren't we going to become a lot more leaky?

Easy - both full backs don't bomb forward at the same time. If you notice when Fozzy goes forward, then the rest of the defence slide across to the left to cover. The same thing occurred on the other flank - Wisdom, especially earlier in the season, did his share of overlapping. No-one who was there will forget his tremendous run and cross to lay on Martin's goal at Barnsley last season.

No one has mentioned team balance here, if Gamboa is given licence to get forward all the time aren't we going to become a lot more leaky? I expected someone similar to Wisdom...

I don't think this will be such a problem so long as both Forsyth and Gamboa understand that when the other is off shooting down the wing they must sit back and hold the line with the centre halves.

Easy - both full backs don't bomb forward at the same time. If you notice when Fozzy goes forward, then the rest of the defence slide across to the left to cover. The same thing occurred on the other flank - Wisdom, especially earlier in the season, did his share of overlapping. No-one who was there will forget his tremendous run and cross to lay on Martin's goal at Barnsley last season.

Was going to reply to the first quote but seen what has needed to be said has already been said. Just means we become even less predictable as before we knew we would play 3 at the back when attacking (with forsyth becoming a winger) however this gives opportunity to alternate. Just need Keogh to be vocal enough to drag one of them back if they both go wandering up field at the same time. 

Besides it'd be nice to have some real pace in the defence!

I was there! Thought we became a better side when Wisdom got his new instructions, though. More solid. I didn't get as scared when we were countered.

I guess we'll see.

I was there! Thought we became a better side when Wisdom got his new instructions, though. More solid. I didn't get as scared when we were countered.

I guess we'll see.

you, me and 6998 others. Good day out.

I wouldn't get too excited by reports of Derby County being in for Costa Rica's Christian Gamboa - told there's nothing in it. #dcfcfans

Yet again, people hang on to every word typed by Alan Nixon as if he were genuinely ITK, and yet again someone closer to the club pours cold water on the 'story'.

When we next sign somebody, somebody will surely ask "What religion is he?" - and if the answer given is "Christian", does that make Nixon half right?

Seems he only played 4 times all season in the Norwegian League for Rosenberg last season, why was that, is he a reserve there or was he injured most of the season, wouldn't have thought its the strongest League ever so would expect he would have been playing if fit surely?

Hence 3 million would seem a bit steep to say the least if he isn't playing regularly in his own domestic league.

Surely Gamboa is our other option. He seems a realistic target and Nixon implied we were in for him. Plus, I can imagine we'd need him to get a fair amount of pre-season to gel.

If Nixon said that today was Saturday, I would get ready to leave for work. He's a journalist whose job is not to get things right but to get people to buy papers. He's probably very good at that. He will use a scattergun approach to his 'stories' - and every now and again he will get lucky. Probably about 1 in 50, given his record this close season.

Archived