Cristian Gamboa - Nixon Rumour

willo55

He ain't coming to us. 2 games for his club in Norway I think he played, so a no for me. We got decent right back and that is Christie.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how people think a player must be better because he's unknown and other clubs are supposedly interested.

We may well be interested in him, who knows. It's just strange seeing so many people wanting us to be interested because they fear that Christie is our first choice right back for the coming season, which is bizarre as he's a highly experience, yet young, fullback.

I like how people think a player must be better because he's unknown and other clubs are supposedly interested.

We may well be interested in him, who knows. It's just strange seeing so many people wanting us to be interested because they fear that Christie is our first choice right back for the coming season, which is bizarre as he's a highly experience, yet young, fullback.

I think people just enjoy us being interested in players like this. Under Clough we wouldn't have dreamt of signing a player from abroad and now we are linked with one, there's a little excitement for some people

I think people just enjoy us being interested in players like this. Under Clough we wouldn't have dreamt of signing a player from abroad and now we are linked with one, there's a little excitement for some people

We were linked with plenty of players from abroad under Clough, some of the speculation even made SkySports, the key was that no bids were ever made to my knowledge and it didn't happen, much like seems to be happening now.

Just think about it, after all the speculation so far we've signed:

- Players already at the club

- Trialists

- A league one player for compensation (Christie)

- ...and a loanee from last season (Thorne)

Now all we need is someone from Scotland and it's pretty much bang on what we have been doing since Nigel arrived. Okay, we've been more active bringing in players for the development squad, but that's hardly new. You can go on about Bunjaku, Calero and co, but we've had plenty of foreign trialists, some really impressive ones too (Gjokaj for example, who of course signed), but ultimately we've again only linked with such players.

That is no slight on what's happening, it's been a magnificent off season so far, I just think people are getting a bit too caught up with "McClaren's transfer tactics", when it's clear it's very much still Derby's transfer tactics, and the same ones we had under Nigel. This of course isn't surprising due to the way we go about our business.

We were linked with plenty of players from abroad under Clough, some of the speculation even made SkySports, the key was that no bids were ever made to my knowledge and it didn't happen, much like seems to be happening now.

Oh yeah I agree, I can't see the interest being real, especially if the 2-3 million figure being mentioned is true. And I'm glad if we're not, I'm hoping Christie is given the RB spot for the season

We musnt forget Christie hasn't played a championship or premier league game.

John Brayford's experience when he arrived:

Conference: 77

League One: 36

League Two: 45

Cyrus Christie as of now:

Conference North: 13

League One: 65

Championship: 37

Christie is younger, more experienced and to my knowledge was a cheaper signing than Brayford. What more could people really want at this point. Sure, it mightn't go as well, but I see no reason to be that worried at this point. The club have done their homework and tracked this lad for a while now (we were interested last season too if I recall right), there's no reason to think he isn't up to it.

John Brayford's experience when he arrived:Conference: 77League One: 36League Two: 45Age: 22 yearsCyrus Christie as of now:Conference North: 13League One: 65Championship: 37Age: 21 yearsChristie is younger, more experienced and to my knowledge was a cheaper signing than Brayford. What more could people really want at this point. Sure, it mightn't go as well, but I see no reason to be that worried at this point. The club have done their homework and tracked this lad for a while now (we were interested last season too if I recall right), there's no reason to think he isn't up to it.

Albert all those games ! Next there be saying he should be rested :-)

I get the impression most of the people who want us to sign him aren't people who were around for the Clough years...

The Tippeligaen that he plays in starts in March and finishes in November hence why he has only started 2 games. He had a little injury and obviously went to the World Cup so thats why he missed a lot of games. Its not because he's prone to injury or his ability, it is just the league format haha.

Archived