Pubs for away fans

RangersFan

Hello, Rangers fan (You may of guessed my username!) Sorry if I have the wrong forum but I was just wanting to know friendly bars for Rangers fans to go to, I know of one the Waterfall which is a fiver to get in as a Rangers fan is asking us to pay but I was wondering for other options? Thanks 

Shame about last season for you guys, I'm sure you will do it this time round. I wish you all the best for this up coming season as well. 

Kind Regards 

Nathan & most Rangers fans! 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a friendly - I hardly think that there will be any trouble so why should there be 'home' or 'away' pubs?

We had a great time with you guys a few years ago for Ted's match - let's hope this is just as amicable and we can get on with the serious stuff - drinking Derby dry.

Anywhere like someone said it's only a friendly so it should be alright for you and everyone else. Enjoy the day I won't be going anyway.

There are a few different drinking circuits.

There are 5 or 6 pubs near the station and therefore quite near the ground. Some big lively pubs like the waterfall and some real pubs like the Brunswick and Alex.

There is another real ale circuit in the cathedral quarter and riverside, Exeter Arms, Brewery Tap, Silk Mill etc just north and east of the centre

The liveliest pubs are generally on 3 streets Friargate, Sadlergate and Irongate, just west of the centre 

Hello, Rangers fan (You may of guessed my username!) Sorry if I have the wrong forum but I was just wanting to know friendly bars for Rangers fans to go to, I know of one the Waterfall which is a fiver to get in as a Rangers fan is asking us to pay but I was wondering for other options? Thanks

Shame about last season for you guys, I'm sure you will do it this time round. I wish you all the best for this up coming season as well.

Kind Regards

Nathan & most Rangers fans!

The Waterfall are charging Rangers fans to go in? Well you dod drink it completely dry last time :lol:

Well apparently so as a Rangers fan is taking fivers before we go in

Is this match day? As far as I am aware they aren't charging. I used to work there and asked one of the duty managers and he has said they aren't as far as he knows.

You'll enjoy it mate, Bonnie Prince Charlie only came down here for the ale!

I thought they just wanted to admire the architecture of Swarkestone Bridge

Archived