Best Foreign Exchange??

Ambitious

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? We'll have to have a meet up - I'm there from the 13th to 27th.. 

Yeh definitely.

As for money, are you going to carry that sort of cash around on you? I'm just going to do what I always do and draw out from my card as I go along.

Going to San Fran on the 9th, going to Yosemite and then driving down with a mate for a week to LA. Will finish my trip off with four days in Vegas before heading back down to Baja.

Yeh definitely.

As for money, are you going to carry that sort of cash around on you? I'm just going to do what I always do and draw out from my card as I go along.

Going to San Fran on the 9th, going to Yosemite and then driving down with a mate for a week to LA. Will finish my trip off with four days in Vegas before heading back down to Baja.

Sounds decent, and no idea in all honesty. 

I would like some sort of card, but I don't know too much about that to be honest. 

I heard that debit cards are really, really poor in america, anyone know if that's true? if not then that'd be perfect!

Sounds decent, and no idea in all honesty.

I would like some sort of card, but I don't know too much about that to be honest.

I heard that debit cards are really, really poor in america, anyone know if that's true? if not then that'd be perfect!

Pretty sure there's like a travellers cheque style debit card you can get now. Where you get the better exchange rate because you do it before you go and you can draw money at over there as normal

Pretty sure there's like a travellers cheque style debit card you can get now. Where you get the better exchange rate because you do it before you go and you can draw money at over there as normal

I'll look into that, thanks bud.

CurrencyFair looks pretty good on the face of it, getting a lot more than Asda/Tesco which I found was giving me the best rate. 

if you want it in cash best place to change it will be that shop in westfield canoo I think its called always gave me the best rates

although I would find the best rate you can online and go and ask if they can price match, with you changing that much I would of thought they would be interested

if you want it in cash best place to change it will be that shop in westfield canoo I think its called always gave me the best rates

although I would find the best rate you can online and go and ask if they can price match, with you changing that much I would of thought they would be interested

fit birds work there too.

Thomas Cooks do some sort of travel card. I'll phone my daughter in the morning (bit late now). She works on their Foreign Exchange desk locally (Hinckley).

Watch this space

Really appreciate that, cheers Phoenix - I'll keep my eye out.

I haven't heard of that, the best rate I saw was on that CurrencyFair - which is a great concept - but is purely for changing

Archived