Travellers (Gypsies) in the Ipro car park

kingsy1884

Just been down. It's true. Across from the SE corner towards DW. Think I'm in the wrong job. There's some nice motors on there. Good to see Bowmer & Kirkland security are doing their job.

Sure I heard a story that when they moved in on the pirelli site when it was being built ben robinson had somebody start diggin up the access road, apparently it got them moving pretty quick when they realised they couldnt get off to 'work'

out of interest,

how do travellers contribute to the economy in ANY way, I take it they are unable to claim any benefits in the same way that they never pay tax????

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do travellers contribute to the economy in ANY way, I take it they are unable to claim any benefits in the same way that they never pay tax????

They keep security men and clean-up crews in work. They also provide a much needed focus for the hand-wringing, bleeding-heart liberal do-gooding busibodies.

Sure I heard a story that when they moved in on the pirelli site when it was being built ben robinson had somebody start diggin up the access road, apparently it got them moving pretty quick when they realised they couldnt get off to 'work'

out of interest,

I believe they use the NHS, and their kids can attend school , (If their dads don't need them tarmacing a drive ).

Wonder if Sam has looked into the possibility of having them sponsored yet?

'Todays travellers are bought to you by Paddy & Son Tarmacing Services'

it wouldnt surprise me if sam rush has figured its cheaper to buy the new turf in and get these to lay it!!!

Ill put you up in the car park and give you some free crap burgers, if you can lay the pitch for £200

You lot really are into these jinx and curse thingies. :unsure:

As the first one to reference the BBG gypsy curse Cisse  ;) I did some minor research and came across this link, just in case anyone hadn't heard the story before.  There are others which tell it in more detail. Apparently gypsies cursed the BBG when it was built because it caused the removal of a gypsy campsite.  Apologies if the link doesn't work.

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=2763

Archived