Derby play Rangers at the iPro

Rangers coming to any English town or City creates a great atmosphere with Red White and Blue everywhere, God Save the Queen, Rule Britannia etc, and you will find that a lot will want England to do well in the world cup.

I also have had the misfortune of being in a place full of celtic fans and I seem to remember them slagging off our Queen, booing poppy day (just like our muslim friends) and singing PRO I.R.A songs.

So as an Englishman there would be only ONE team out of the two that I want to come to my town and its not the ones who like Irish terrorists!!!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers coming to any English town or City creates a great atmosphere with Red White and Blue everywhere, God Save the Queen, Rule Britannia etc, and you will find that a lot will want England to do well in the world cup.

I also have had the misfortune of being in a place full of celtic fans and I seem to remember them slagging off our Queen, booing poppy day (just like our muslim friends) and singing PRO I.R.A songs.

So as an Englishman there would be only ONE team out of the two that I want to come to my town and its not the ones who like Irish terrorists!!!

It's going to be a cracker mate,hopefully a big crowd and a good piss up in the town centre after it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWctLCIbjZI#

this will be a great game, they will bring thousands with them. Will give the last friendly a bit more atmosphere if the TM game had anything to go by.

I can remember when we played Hearts in out last pre season game at the BBG in Jim Smiths 1st season and they packed the away end, was a great game. 3-3 i think it finished.

As friendly's go it was definitely one of the better ones. As you say, a big Hearts support generated a good atmosphere buoyed by them coming back from 3-0 down.

Lol!

I also have had the misfortune of being in a place full of Rangers fans and I seem to remember them slagging off the Pope, priests and nuns and singing pro UDA/UVF songs. Leaving aside what GSTQ and RB actually have to do with a Scottish football club, maybe you would also like to enlighten people on here about some other little ditty's that create that 'great atmosphere' such as The Sash, Big Jock Knew, Billy Boys, Derry's Walls, No Surrender.....maybe a link to the lyrics? I'm sure most people on here would be very impressed.

Rangers and Celtic; two cheeks of the same rancid arse.

I will go to this and hope the atmosphere is somewhere near what we had for the TM game. Really had a laugh with the Rangers fans that came down and we shared a bottle of whisky in the east stand.

If it were Celtic i probably wouldn't bother and if i did i don't think the atmosphere would be half as pleasant as both sets of fans traded insults and and no doubt a few slaps in town.

Lol!

I also have had the misfortune of being in a place full of Rangers fans and I seem to remember them slagging off the Pope, priests and nuns and singing pro UDA/UVF songs. Leaving aside what GSTQ and RB actually have to do with a Scottish football club, maybe you would also like to enlighten people on here about some other little ditty's that create that 'great atmosphere' such as The Sash, Big Jock Knew, Billy Boys, Derry's Walls, No Surrender.....maybe a link to the lyrics? I'm sure most people on here would be very impressed.

Rangers and Celtic; two cheeks of the same rancid arse.

Why wouldn't a set of Scottish football  fans want to sing about their queen and Britain? After all they are still British.

Why wouldn't a set of Scottish football  fans want to sing about their queen and Britain? After all they are still British.

Ahh. There are institutions in Scotland set up to try and answer your question. It's a bit more complex. Suffice to say a fair proportion of Celtic 'minded' supporters do not class their club and what it stands for as Scottish never mind British. So the other cheek accentuates it's 'Britishness' .

Ahh. There are institutions in Scotland set up to try and answer your question. It's a bit more complex. Suffice to say a fair proportion of Celtic 'minded' supporters do not class their club and what it stands for as Scottish never mind British. So the other cheek accentuates it's 'Britishness' .

Your trying to hard to be a smart arse fella

I'd much rather have a club that accentuates it Britishness than one that has fans burning poppy wreaths and displaying banners praising terrorists.

And i'm also in favour of anybody that wants to sing anti ira songs.

I'm Scottish and here's my expert opinion on the old firm. Rangers are scum, but they know it. Celtic are scum but think they are saints. Celtic are the scummiest of the scum, horrible club and people. Rangers > Celtic.

I'm Scottish and here's my expert opinion on the old firm. Rangers are scum, but they know it. Celtic are scum but think they are saints. Celtic are the scummiest of the scum, horrible club and people. Rangers > Celtic.

Your expert opinion is that all rangers fans are scum....aye ok then champ

Btw there no old firm we aren't associated with that lot in any way,end of story

Your expert opinion....aye ok then champ

Are you a Rangers fan or Derby fan?

Jam Doughnut listed many reasons  above why Rangers are scum. I completely agree, as would any neutral that examined the facts. 

Archived