20 bournemouth

21 charlton

22 rotherham

23 huddersfield

24 brentford

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could pick that apart, but my predictions are no more guaranteed to be right than yours.

Wigan, for example, have little money and just lost arguably their best player.

Boro stormed towards the back end of the season and have unprecedented access to one of the top academies in the world (Chelsea)

Forest under Pearce have little to no chance of the top six, signings like Matty Fryatt won't change that.

Leeds are in dire straits too, Reading have lots to sort out, but I'd be surprised to see them finish bottom-half.

And it's worth noting only 3 of your top 8 have managers that will have a good level of knowledge of this level - which is fine, as long as they're willing to work hard.

Blackburn could surprise a few, as could Wolves (although they're becoming a bit like Belgium at the World Cup, i.e. 'dark horse' tag done to the death) 

I don't quite know where our strongest competitor will come from and should be comfortably in the top six if not top two, as long as we don't lose everyone and replace them with road cones - which I'm sure we won't.

The division is set up to be the worst it's been in a long, long time.

Think this is the one thing most people will agree on. 

It is one of the worst leagues for such a long time, the teams coming down are all in trouble and the teams that came up are no good, add that to the whole mess of averages teams already in there.....

PistoldPete2

What do you thin about it???

1 wigan

2 fulham

3 cardiff

4 derby

5 norwich

6 nottingham

7 brighton

8 wolves

9 bolton

10 blackburn

11 watford

12 reading

13 leeds

14 boro

15 millwall

16 ipswich

17 sh. wednesday

18 blackpool

19 birmingham

20 bournemouth

21 charlton

22 rotherham

23 huddersfield

24 brentford

fulham, cardiff and norwich all in the top 6 woudl be a surprise for me. I thought last year that Wigan and QPR were to good to go down, yet none of the relegated teams got an automatic promo slot and Reading missed out altogether. Its too early to assess the relegated teams , need to see how many of their players stick around.

I agree wigan would appear to be main threat to the Rams, then there's always a surprise team. Spose last year there were two surprises , Burnley and Derby. This year who knows? Blackburn or Bolton maybe? Why are Wolves fancied?  Have they got money to spend? I was surprised Forest signed Fryatt could be  a good signing, but really Forest were by far the worst team I saw at the ipro last year. 

It is one of the worst leagues for such a long time, the teams coming down are all in trouble and the teams that came up are no good, add that to the whole mess of averages teams already in there.....

Apart from us if we keep the squad together

Way too early .

Need to look at teams ins and outs before the start of the season.

And in Forest's case, the Sheikh it all abouts.

fulham, cardiff and norwich all in the top 6 woudl be a surprise for me. I thought last year that Wigan and QPR were to good to go down, yet none of the relegated teams got an automatic promo slot and Reading missed out altogether. Its too early to assess the relegated teams , need to see how many of their players stick around.

I agree wigan would appear to be main threat to the Rams, then there's always a surprise team. Spose last year there were two surprises , Burnley and Derby. This year who knows? Blackburn or Bolton maybe? Why are Wolves fancied? Have they got money to spend? I was surprised Forest signed Fryatt could be a good signing, but really Forest were by far the worst team I saw at the ipro last year.

The surprise team always tends to be a hoofball team that manages to sign the players that perfect their formula. Sheffield Wednesday might be a good shout for surprise team this year, if they sign a decent centre forward..

Derby and Wigan for automatics, Forest to go down. Pearce to be sacked in October, a month before they go into Administration.

Happy days.

Wigan and Wolves for auto - Rams 3rd or 4th - surprise team like Burnley last season could be Millwall with Holloway a promotion expert (Blackpool and Palace).

Millwall finished the season strongly with away wins at Forest, Middlesbrough and Wigan.

Wouldn't swap our team for any others providing we can get good quality loans as per last year, keep current squad together with maybe the odd decent signing.

Also dependent on avoiding too many injuries of course (look what happened with Forest), but think we will be well in the mix again. Had a bet on us 11/1 each way (seem like fairly good odds to me) and also for promotion, at present really looking forward to it but still need to keep trying to improve the team to take that next step.

1. norwich
  2. fulham
  3. derby
  4. wigan
  5. wolves
  6. ipswich
  7. cardiff
  8. bournemouth
  9. blackburn
  10. leeds
  11. nottingham
  12. brentford
  13. brighton
  14. bolton
  15. watford
  16. reading
  17. boro
  18. millwall
  19. huddersfield
  20. birmingham
  21. charlton
  22. rotherham
  23. blackpool
  24. sh. wednesday

Of course it' way too early. I reserve the right to make (many) more predictions before the new season kicks off...

If OB recovers along with Barker, to provide us with cover at the back, I see no reason that we shouldn't continue with the same momentum as we had once SM had started to get things sorted.

A couple of obvious caveats on this are securing the signing of Thorne and sorting the RB position out.

Archived