Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITK Bryson and Thorne shaking hands with Mac and holding scarves above there heads on Friday....

;)

Could you imagine.

With Hughes, Hendrick, Forsyth and Sir Buxton all having signed new deals, having Bryson re-sign and Thorne sign would be a stunning effort by the club.

Could you imagine.

With Hughes, Hendrick, Forsyth and Sir Buxton all having signed new deals, having Bryson re-sign and Thorne sign would be a stunning effort by the club.

Would be amazing! Just got a funny feeling it might just happen!

Yes, I would.

When we play a team like Forest, Blackpool or Milwall who just weren't up to the task, we mullered them because of Bryson and almost solely because of Bryson. They just couldn't live with his energy, or his forward runs.

Then we'd play a Leicester, Burnley, even Brighton away in the play-offs and he'd be nowhere. In the Premier League, the Burnleys and the Leicesters are the least of your concerns. He just never turned it on against the big sides in this league.

I use Ipswich as an example of this. First half, with them on top, he was utterly, utterly useless, the worst of the lot. He was the experienced one who should have been helping out the teenager he was playing next to but he wasn't talking, wasn't taking on much responsibility, and wasn't making anything happen. Second half, we were on top, and he won us the match.

It's not necessarily because he's not technically gifted. He's awesome in a very good side playing a weak opponent. But he's not the sort of player to carve a moment of magic out when things haven't been going our way...then, he just goes quiet. And I'm really not sure he played very well against the other top sides in the division.

Would love to see him play a lower Premier League side who didn't fancy it, though - I'd back him to get our first hat-trick in the Prem. But then again, I can so easily imagine coming home from getting thrashed at Stamford Bridge and thinking  "where the bloody hell was Bryson". If we went into the Premier League relying on Bryson to win us points, we'd be heading straight back down again. Squad player.

That near enough sums up my opinion on Bryson. I think I once read someone else on this forum put it fairly well, something like "when the team plays well, Bryson plays well - not the other way round".

That near enough sums up my opinion on Bryson. I think I once read someone else on this forum put it fairly well, something like "when the team plays well, Bryson plays well - not the other way round".

Wonder who said that, that's a brilliant quote...

We could receive no ends of bids for Bryson, but he will only go if he wants to.

Its worth remembering that. I don't know about you lot but if a player wants to leave, then we give him our best wishes and let him go.

Nobody wants a player who doesnt want to be here.

I said Bryson SHOULD sign a 1 year deal but things can change day to day but I still expect him to sign.

I still have faith in our management that they can convince him to say.

This is what ive been told.

U talk some pish

Hughes has signed a new deal as no one else wants him , the most over rated player I have ever seen , unless he builds himself up he will never play in the premiership

In that case I'm sure you wouldn't have objected in the slightest had we let his contract run out and Hughes walked away on a free.....

In that case I'm sure you wouldn't have objected in the slightest had we let his contract run out and Hughes walked away on a free.....

I've watched him very closely over the last couple of years and don't see why fans get excited about him , he's got potential but a long way to go , he's young he's English and as per the English media go overboard

Hughes has signed a new deal as no one else wants him , the most over rated player I have ever seen , unless he builds himself up he will never play in the premiership

God comments like this make me want to put my head through a brick wall. Anyone who understands football knows how good Hughes is (especially the players who play against him hence the team of the season and young player of the year) but no lets hope he hits the gym because football is all about physique...that david silva would be world class if he built himself up... 

Yes, I would.

When we play a team like Forest, Blackpool or Milwall who just weren't up to the task, we mullered them because of Bryson and almost solely because of Bryson. They just couldn't live with his energy, or his forward runs.

Then we'd play a Leicester, Burnley, even Brighton away in the play-offs and he'd be nowhere. In the Premier League, the Burnleys and the Leicesters are the least of your concerns. He just never turned it on against the big sides in this league.

I use Ipswich as an example of this. First half, with them on top, he was utterly, utterly useless, the worst of the lot. He was the experienced one who should have been helping out the teenager he was playing next to but he wasn't talking, wasn't taking on much responsibility, and wasn't making anything happen. Second half, we were on top, and he won us the match.

It's not necessarily because he's not technically gifted. He's awesome in a very good side playing a weak opponent. But he's not the sort of player to carve a moment of magic out when things haven't been going our way...then, he just goes quiet. And I'm really not sure he played very well against the other top sides in the division.

Would love to see him play a lower Premier League side who didn't fancy it, though - I'd back him to get our first hat-trick in the Prem. But then again, I can so easily imagine coming home from getting thrashed at Stamford Bridge and thinking  "where the bloody hell was Bryson". If we went into the Premier League relying on Bryson to win us points, we'd be heading straight back down again. Squad player.

You keep on believing that ,never heard as much nonsense in all my life

Archived