Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding from a source that I've never heard anything from before is that Bryson spoke to Burnley, didn't even look round their facilities, has been offered the same money at Derby and will sign a contract extension.

Same source says we will get the chap from Boro and will dig our heels in on Thorne and not go past £3,000,000.

Take it or leave it!

I agree, we've all said it though - I don't think anyone would begrudge him a move, yet no-one wants him to go and everyone would happily drive him to Burnley in order to sign Thorne (if that's the case, which I doubt)

I do worry for Bryson going to Burnley though. He hasn't got Premier League ability, but does have Premier League work rate and fits into our system absolutely perfect. He's integrated into our team and has really come on with Martin in front of him. He struggled with Sammon (where Hughes excelled as our attacking mid) so he needs a statuary striker to work with him. 

That's why, I believe, he hasn't been at the forefront of the Scottish national team. 

Burnley's system, whilst effective like Stoke, flies in the face of what Bryson is good at. When you talk about why certain players fail at certain clubs, this is almost bound to happen here. 

Bryson isn't as technically gifted as Hughes or Hendrick, if I was Burnley then Hendrick would be the one I'd want and could suit their already in place system. Although, I think i'd rather lose Bryson than Hendrick - so I'll keep my mouth shut just in case their scouts are looking to fill out a report (you'd be surprised)

I agree, we've all said it though - I don't think anyone would begrudge him a move, yet no-one wants him to go and everyone would happily drive him to Burnley in order to sign Thorne (if that's the case, which I doubt)

I do worry for Bryson going to Burnley though. He hasn't got Premier League ability, but does have Premier League work rate and fits into our system absolutely perfect. He's integrated into our team and has really come on with Martin in front of him. He struggled with Sammon (where Hughes excelled as our attacking mid) so he needs a statuary striker to work with him. 

That's why, I believe, he hasn't been at the forefront of the Scottish national team. 

Burnley's system, whilst effective like Stoke, flies in the face of what Bryson is good at. When you talk about why certain players fail at certain clubs, this is almost bound to happen here. 

Bryson isn't as technically gifted as Hughes or Hendrick, if I was Burnley then Hendrick would be the one I'd want and could suit their already in place system. Although, I think i'd rather lose Bryson than Hendrick - so I'll keep my mouth shut just in case their scouts are looking to fill out a report (you'd be surprised)

Exactly, his effectiveness will be limited in the rigid 4-4-2 that Burnley use.  He'll get neck ache from all those long (sorry BFC fans, I mean direct) balls from the back into their pacy forwards...

so Burnley want Bryson, a player who was better than any of their midfield last season and who outscored every midfielder in the champs and got into double figures for assists, but are not prepared to meet the £2m asking price...however they will improve the 750k bid... so a team who are guaranteed about £60m plus parachute payments for the next 3/4 years?? are playing hardball over £1m? 

Fck it, tell qpr to add a pound to Burnleys bid and they can have him if he wants to go!

and to suggest this is similar to WBA fan's attitude to Thorne is misleading as like said Burnley ARE in a position to pay us the £2m whereas we are not in a position to pay WBA £8m (if their fans are to be believed). Bryson is a key player for us whereas Thorne is nowhere near WBA's first team...

Exactly, his effectiveness will be limited in the rigid 4-4-2 that Burnley use.  He'll get neck ache from all those long (sorry BFC fans, I mean direct) balls from the back into their pacy forwards...

Even when they don't play long ball, they wouldn't really find the use for Bryson. I don't want to come across as 'he'll be **** for them anyway' but I genuinely can't understand why Burnley would be in for him. 

It's a complete waste of money on their part, and I think Bryson would be blind to go there. Southampton would give him the best chance of giving the Premier League a proper crack, but unfortunately a lot of the Premier League sides that would take him play with pure physicality in the middle of the park - something he doesn't have. 

A poor mans Luca Modric. 

Really? On what so far?

Bryson was at Burnley's training ground yesterday. He's agreed terms with them, it's just down to us agreeing a fee, I'm afraid to say. He's fairly keen on the move, but his agent is waiting for other clubs to come in.

If you are George Thorne and you see Derby selling one of our best players, will you really want to come to us? hhmm, not so sure.

This would also fly in the face of what Rush and Vicars said at the Fans forum. For me we simply shouldn't sell any player regardless of price. (Excluding silly money)

Yeah, you'll find that's using what he's said this time to justify his accuracy on it.

From what I've seen of him he tends to just post solid rumours that are openly available. The only thing I recall him saying that required special logic we now know is wrong (that the clause was a buyout clause), but I haven't exactly kept up with that forum.

If you are George Thorne and you see Derby selling one of our best players, will you really want to come to us? hhmm, not so sure.

This would also fly in the face of what Rush and Vicars said at the Fans forum. For me we simply shouldn't sell any player regardless of price. (Excluding silly money)

I don't think ruining our team ethic is worth keeping Bryson. If he was to leave for 750k, so be it. At the minute he's detrimental to our pre-season, in my opinion. 

Recently, I believe he was the first who foretold the Umbro deal and also (though only a day before it was in the press) that Burnley were interested in our players.

Not exactly a stellar record then. Again, he also foretold that Bryson's contract had a buyout clause, which is now known to be wrong.

He might have a decent idea, and may well be right, but I wouldn't take it as gospel.

My immediate reaction was this, but haven given it some thought it MIGHT work out for him.His pace on the counter, his energy, his runs that leave space for a crosser, his late runs into the box, I could see all of this attributes working in Burnley's system. 

He wouldn't get his foot on the ball as much, but at the end of the day, when has he really ever controlled a game from midfield anyway? 

Not exactly a stellar record then. Again, he also foretold that Bryson's contract had a buyout clause, which is now known to be wrong.

He might have a decent idea, and may well be right, but I wouldn't take it as gospel.

I agree, I've just had a look at his profile and the more and more I read, the more I thought, "well that hasn't happened yet" or "well that was in a paper the next day".

I bet his source is a journo with Derby links. 

Archived