Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

It's pretty much irrelevant what any player is 'worth'. The only things that matter are what we would be willing to sell him for, and whether any bidding clubs would be willing to meet that amount. While Bryson might only be worth £1m (not that I'm saying he necessarily is), there's no point us selling him for that, as we'd have to spend the majority of the money replacing him, so what have we gained? Assuming there are no clauses that will limit what we could get for him, there's no point us selling him for less than £3m. And assuming that he's happy here, and given the season he's had and the state of the club at the moment, we could easily ask for a whole lot more.

I agree if there is an art in it for a club its knowing when to sell and buy. Clever clubs buy low for example Martin and Russell and sell high for example man city want Hughes and cant live without him for 20m CASH IN.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So another week and **** ALL has happpened? Quelle surprise!

Everyone ( people that are on massive wages and can afford good holidays and spend 9 months of the year training and going to bed early) is on holidays or at the world cup so it will take time for all clubs to start moving players.

Ive heard from a very close source to the club that all the players want to stay and fight for promotion apart from Bryson as he wants to leave so I fully expect him to go if the price is right...

....talking of price, there is 100% a 750k clause in his contract but its only for the club to make him aware that someone has matched that price and that he can talk to that club, however we do not have to accept the 750k bid we can get the price we want - hence Nixon saying there are fights on alot of fronts - bryson wants out, clubs want him, clubs talk to him, clubs then agree fee with us.

Personal opinion is that we will get 2.5-3m max for him...and when he does go that money will go towards McCormack.

Ive heard from a very close source to the club that all the players want to stay and fight for promotion apart from Bryson as he wants to leave so I fully expect him to go if the price is right...

....talking of price, there is 100% a 750k clause in his contract but its only for the club to make him aware that someone has matched that price and that he can talk to that club, however we do not have to accept the 750k bid we can get the price we want - hence Nixon saying there are fights on alot of fronts - bryson wants out, clubs want him, clubs talk to him, clubs then agree fee with us.

Personal opinion is that we will get 2.5-3m max for him...and when he does go that money will go towards McCormack.

Whether ITK or not this sounds about right given the change in Nixon's stance over the last week and a half.

One thing about this statement that I certainly don't believe is that Bryson wants out necessarily. I believe he'd want to test himself by playing at the top level, for sure, and who can blame him. A big wage would be nice too. But if the deal doesn't go through, I should imagine Bryson knuckling down again this coming season and trying again with Derby.

£2.5-3m won't go very far in terms of landing McCormack either.

Whether ITK or not this sounds about right given the change in Nixon's stance over the last week and a half.

One thing about this statement that I certainly don't believe is that Bryson wants out necessarily. I believe he'd want to test himself by playing at the top level, for sure, and who can blame him. A big wage would be nice too. But if the deal doesn't go through, I should imagine Bryson knuckling down again this coming season and trying again with Derby.

£2.5-3m won't go very far in terms of landing McCormack either.

Im just saying what I have been told and thats what I was told about Bryson...i'm sure if he stays he will do his best similar to the Thorne situation really only Bryson hasnt gone public.

With regards McCormack that was my personal opinion and for us as a club to state our interest in him shows me that we are willing to pay a decent price as Leeds said 5m in January so if we get funds in it would all help towards buying him and I think the longer the window goes we will see that Leeds wont get much more than 5m for him I think it will be down to who pays the largest first installment of the fee.

With regards McCormack that was my personal opinion and for us as a club to state our interest in him shows me that we are willing to pay a decent price as Leeds said 5m in January so if we get funds in it would all help towards buying him and I think the longer the window goes we will see that Leeds wont get much more than 5m for him I think it will be down to who pays the largest first installment of the fee.

except we haven't

Would have thought that bryson would jump at the chance of premiership football and wages if the option is there. Given his age, his time is running out to get there, his profile has never been so high and I'm not sure he will even be guaranteed a start next season at Derby. It would come as no surprise to me if he wanted out. And good luck to him by the way, he has earned his chance.

Archived