feeling a little under-whelmed

Anybody else feeling a little under-whelmed that nothing is happening (or as it and I missed it) thought we would be linked with a few players, maybe even a signing. any news on GT. At least we haven't lost any players, come on Derby I need a bit of a boost, I don't expect fabregras but someone to get the blood pumping and that feeling we had for the later part of the season.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the faith. I'm sure Mac and co are busy working away. 

Besides, I'm glad its being done on the quiet. As for Thorne, well WBA are without management at the moment, so that's always likely to be drawn out. 

Patience, I don't mind not being linked with every Tom Dick and Harry who happens to be angling after a move.

Football goes on holiday in June.  You can bet that for any deal waiting to be done at least one party (managers, player, agent, selling club director, buying club director etc.) will be away. World Cup years are worse because football holidays tend to be slotted in between the end of the season and the start of the tournament.  As everyone returns for pre-season around the end of June transfer activity will start to pick-up.

At this time every year some supporters start to panic about lack of activity.  Every year transfer activity kicks-off in late June/July.  Look around, apart from the odd deal, many probably well in the pipeline before the season ended, no clubs are doing much.

We don't play a game until 9 August, pre-season if three weeks away, players are still under contract until the end of June.  Why do we need to be signing players now anyway?

Also, I suspect that we will rely on a number of premier loans again this year, we are unlikely to pick these up until the 25-man squads are announced around the end of August. 

Hughes is topping up his tan in Siberia.

Chris McMartin has rejoined his tribesman in the Scottish foothills

Hendrick is currently catching some sun in a Watford B&Q

George Thorne is 'in the ****', wherever that is.

Zoltan Gera however has gone camping outside the iPro. Can only assume he's after Forest away tickets

Football goes on holiday in June.  You can bet that for any deal waiting to be done at least one party (managers, player, agent, selling club director, buying club director etc.) will be away. World Cup years are worse because football holidays tend to be slotted in between the end of the season and the start of the tournament.  As everyone returns for pre-season around the end of June transfer activity will start to pick-up.

At this time every year some supporters start to panic about lack of activity.  Every year transfer activity kicks-off in late June/July.  Look around, apart from the odd deal, many probably well in the pipeline before the season ended, no clubs are doing much.

We don't play a game until 9 August, pre-season if three weeks away, players are still under contract until the end of June.  Why do we need to be signing players now anyway?

Also, I suspect that we will rely on a number of premier loans again this year, we are unlikely to pick these up until the 25-man squads are announced around the end of August. 

Party pooper.  :angry:

Hughes is topping up his tan in Siberia.

Chris McMartin has rejoined his tribesman in the Scottish foothills

Hendrick is currently catching some sun in a Watford B&Q

George Thorne is 'in the ****', wherever that is.

Zoltan Gera however has gone camping outside the iPro. Can only assume he's after Forest away tickets

Plus Eustace is caravanning in Skeg. :ph34r:

No, I heard Bucko wanted some nice relaxation & comfort so went to some Island with a bear or something???

Disappointed. Thought he'd be up for a proper British holiday.

Anyway, still no signs of the rest of them. I'm worried about Naylor. If the guy was worried about needing a passport to get to Wales I think he's in trouble.

Anybody else feeling a little under-whelmed that nothing is happening (or as it and I missed it) thought we would be linked with a few players, maybe even a signing. any news on GT. At least we haven't lost any players, come on Derby I need a bit of a boost, I don't expect fabregras but someone to get the blood pumping and that feeling we had for the later part of the season.

No club is really doing anything atm. When July 1st comes around we will start to see more transfer stories.

Archived