Derby v Juventus '73 European Cup Semi 2nd leg footage

TimRam

Seen plenty of clips from the first leg but not the second until now

A bad result but still part of the Rams history. Includes one of the worst Alan Hinton

penalties you will ever see :(

I believe that Roger Davies was being kicked all over the park and finally had

enough which led to him being sent off.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen plenty of clips from the first leg but not the second until now

A bad result but still part of the Rams history. Includes one of the worst Alan Hinton

penalties you will ever see :(

I believe that Roger Davies was being kicked all over the park and finally had

enough which led to him being sent off.

Lol the commentary on the peno decision!

All in Italian then "cheating bast*rds!"

PistoldPete2

can you then put up the highlights of the play off final and I can then go and find a suicide booth  :(

Similar watching that : how the f* did we not score in either of those games?

Great find that, thanks for putting it up.

Had to laugh at the Ities calling US cheating ******** :)

I think they're just quoting what Cloughy said about them.  The video sounds like it's from a retrospective look-back at the game, it's not contemporary.

How on earth did we not win that?! So many chances - Peter Daniel's in particular!

Thanks to the OP for posting - if this had been a London club, it'd probably be shown on Sky on a monthly basis. Sad that more folk don't realise how close we came to the biggest prize in club football.

i hate Juve , more than any other club , dirty , cheatin' b'stads..

How about Liverpool for their 80's thuggish assault on Europe which cost our last truly great team a chance to play in Europe and potentially build, instead of then having our best players cherry picked by the same Team that cost us so much! Rant over.

I agree R@m. I was too young to experience the great European nights - so my only chance of watching the Rams in Proper European competition (I.e. not including the Anglo Italian) came in 1989 and was denied due to Scouse idiots.

I always cheer on their opposition in European games as a result.

The commentary is actually in Spanish, and really quite complimentary of Derby County, explaining how Brian Clough had taken a team of nobodies to the semi-final of the European Cup. And the quote of "Cheating bast*rds" was refering to Clough's comments from the first game. They describe as one of the best ever games from the European Cup, and that Juventus didn't actually play in it, they  more or less just parked the team bus plus all the fan's buses in their own half

The commentary is actually in Spanish, and really quite complimentary of Derby County, explaining how Brian Clough had taken a team of nobodies to the semi-final of the European Cup. And the quote of "Cheating bast*rds" was refering to Clough's comments from the first game. They describe as one of the best ever games from the European Cup, and that Juventus didn't actually play in it, they  more or less just parked the team bus plus all the fan's buses in their own half

Cheers , i don't remember ever watching a game and ever feeling so 'ripped off' over that tie..

I was stood behind the Normo end goal on the side Gladys fluffed the peno.

I think he was intimidated by Zoff's ability and wanted to put it where he couldn't reach it. Unfortunately he succeeded.

Yeh,just imagine the huge pressure Hinton would have been under,without the added pressure of having to beat that guy.I'd agree,he was probably the best keeper I saw.

Archived