FIFA Corruption over QATAR 2022?

CumbrianRam

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe FIFA are leaking stuff so they can say the vote was rigged and give it someone sensible, with infrastructure in place already.

I'm beginning to wonder if this story hasn't been deliberately leaked by FIFA, as a way of getting out of the shambles they created for themselves when they gave the competition to a country where it's 40c. in the shade.

Copycat

There is plenty of booz in Qatar, in all the hotels and sports bars/clubs.

I'm allowed to type ***** because of my disclaimer "Prolific Piffle Poster". You're fairly new here and may not be aware I don't know what I'm typing about most of the time, all the guys (and ladies) that post the proper stuff know the score and don't take me too seriously. 

That said, it's good you redress the balance and let people (like me) know Qatar is not indeed a "dry" country when we might have mistakenly believed it was.  :)

* Welcome to the forum by the way.

The answer is to stop the bidding process so as to limit the ability to receive bribes (therefore it won't happen).

How about 11 countries are chosen as the permanent locations.  The groups are played in 8 of those, half the round of 16 and quarters are played at a further 2 and the semis, playoff and final at the last.  Means it will be 40 years between hosting finals but every 4 years at least part of the circus comes to town

I'm allowed to type ***** because of my disclaimer "Prolific Piffle Poster". You're fairly new here and may not be aware I don't know what I'm typing about most of the time, all the guys (and ladies) that post the proper stuff know the score and don't take me too seriously. 

That said, it's good you redress the balance and let people (like me) know Qatar is not indeed a "dry" country when we might have mistakenly believed it was.  :)

* Welcome to the forum by the way.

Thank you sir. Love being here. It has been a while since i have been on a forum - love reading every post - cringingly.

America are strong favourites.

Hold on, they had it recently!

Bog off! It's our turn!

FIFA are ***** scared that we'll do another "Olympics" and every event after will be ham shank.

The next World Cup England could host is 2030 (Europe is ineligible for '22 and '26 as Russia hosts '18).

If by some miracle there is a revote, it would surely come down to the US and Australia.

Thank you sir. Love being here. It has been a while since i have been on a forum - love reading every post - cringingly.

We'll soon sort that out for you.

The next World Cup England could host is 2030 (Europe is ineligible for '22 and '26 as Russia hosts '18).

If by some miracle there is a revote, it would surely come down to the US and Australia.

It will, as always, come down to who pays the biggest bribes. Then six months later there will be an exposé in another paper, FIFA will conduct an investigation, question the validity of the vote, decide for 'transparency' to choose another host based upon the same wheelbarrow of cash criteria, and so the circus goes on.

If they are careful, they could do it half a dozen times before 2022.

It will, as always, come down to who pays the biggest bribes. Then six months later there will be an exposé in another paper, FIFA will conduct an investigation, question the validity of the vote, decide for 'transparency' to choose another host based upon the same wheelbarrow of cash criteria, and so the circus goes on.

If they are careful, they could do it half a dozen times before 2022.

Ooh, you old cynic you.  Still, I suppose they have to get a bit of extra  pocket money from somewhere.

Archived