Class act

QPR Fan

My personal experience of the QPR fans was very poor. We had to hang around outside the ground waiting for a friend after the game and loads and loads of QPR fans were goading us, chanting at us, coming into our faces to say 'what was the score' as we made our way down wembley way QPR fans leaning over the wall above aimed spit in our direction, ungraceful in victory doesn't even come close. Have never had any interest in the club and never will, but one things for sure the disgraceful behaviour of the fans I saw will be something I wont forget.

Same experience for me, before the QPR players had even walked up the steps they were all outside goading DCFC fans. Total disgrace. Appreciate this may not be the majority but after getting booed in the ground as losers I had to hold myself back. Police had to step in a few times.

Times like that I appreciate how great our club is.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

I hear you, Don.

On that subject, do you think you guys should have tried to use your pace a bit more? Dunne and Hill have turning circles and accelleration of an oil tanker, but there was a fair amount of slinging aerial balls in, which suits them. I thnk we'd have been in (even more) trouble if you'd run at us more (as with the penalty).

Incientally, I love Clint Hill, but any Rs fan who thinks he could have hobbled over to cut out Russell's run is delusional. 

Yes I think we were trying to whip balls in near post instead of cutting back. Far too many promising attacks were cut out by headers and blocking by Dunne and co. I didnt think we had a plan B, and that where QPR did us, sending on the subs before we did.  We will need more options for next year. 

PistoldPete2

Hang on minute how were Derby "robbed" and "miles miles miles the better team on the day" I've never heard so much rubbish. The game was pretty much even up until the sending off. Then we sat back 'parked the bus' as you would expect from a team with only ten men. Derby then had more of the ball but no cutting edge and ran of ideas. Put simply, their attack failed to break down a very good defence and we managed to score one of the two excellent chances we created. And we did it with ten men. We earned our win.

QPR won because they had more experience. Zamora has scored a winner in the play offs before, Dunne and Green also played well. But mostly they were outplayed and probably nine times out of ten would have lost a game like that. Yes we should have broken the defence down, but Greens reaction save against Martin, and Martin getting in the way of Wards goal bound shot are as much down to luck as anything. 

But lets not take too much away from QPR you defended well with only 10 men.

We had one significant idea just before the sending off. Bursting into the box, about to pull the trigger, and then the foul worth over £100,000,000 comes in from that dirty ******* Gary O'Neil...? You know... the foul that led to the sending off in the first place? We had you in that second half. And the chance that Jamie Ward slammed towards the bottom corner but it just hit Chris Martin. If Martin wasn't there, that was a certain goal. I was right behind that goal, pretty much bottom row and I could see clear as day. And how can you say we had no ideas? All your players knew how to do prior to the goal was smack it off target. We defended well for 85 minutes and never gave you a sniff, and it took an unfortunate switch off in defence for you to win. I have NO CLUE how you can call that earning a win.

I had swarms of QPR fans come up to me after the game and tell me that it was clearly a robbery. I had neutral fans across London saying exactly the same.

I think it is you talking rubbish pal. Don't test me, I'm still very bitter.

"the foul worth over £100,000,000" What the hell are you talking about? the foul was worth a red card and nothing more. Gary O'Neil 'took one for the team' and we paid the price by going down to ten men. You failed to take advantage because our defence was too good for your attack. Derby didn't have another clear cut chance in the whole game. So I'll ask again, how were you robbed? Honestly I'm not here wind you lot up I'm just fed up with hearing all this "Derby was robbed" bullshit. Genuinely wish Derby all the best next season.

I'm not going to debate the semantics of whether we were 'robbed' or not, it's football and the team who sticks the ball in the net more times wins. But...we lost a playoff final 3 days ago and you've come on here to disagree with another QPR fan about whether we deserved to win the game. We didn't win and that's that, but there's going to be some bitterness on here for a good while yet as it's a game we controlled for large periods and feel we should have been able to go on and win.

You coming on here telling us how we weren't robbed at all and in fact certainly didn't deserve to win the game isn't going to help with that, so you can't really expect a great response.

All the best next season though, 10 points seems like a nice round number to get :ph34r:

"the foul worth over £100,000,000" What the hell are you talking about? the foul was worth a red card and nothing more. Gary O'Neil 'took one for the team' and we paid the price by going down to ten men. You failed to take advantage because our defence was too good for your attack. Derby didn't have another clear cut chance in the whole game. So I'll ask again, how were you robbed? Honestly I'm not here wind you lot up I'm just fed up with hearing all this "Derby was robbed" bullshit. Genuinely wish Derby all the best next season.

I can accept that. But you must know that it's rather easy to wind us up right now.

We controlled the game imo. Clearly you disagree. I don't even want to argue with you because frankly it's not going to change the fact that you're in the Premier League and we're not. And that's the bit that really winds me up, nothing else.

Davadavedave you wummer

32% possession

All I can think is that you didn't go or missed most of the game waving your plastic flag

Good thing is tho next year when you have 40% possession you will think you have dominated the prem

Good luck and goodbye

This DaveDaveDave posts like that fecking QPRDave simpleton that posts on the QPR forum for ******. He's a **** - just ignore him. He'll get bored and go and play with traffic in a bit.

To all QPR fans reading this forum, remember when we went up after robbing the better team in the final? hope you have the same experience as we did .....Good luck you're gonna need it.....I have Paul Jewels Number somewhere if you find yourselves needing it ;)

This DaveDaveDave posts like that fecking QPRDave simpleton that posts on the QPR forum for ******. He's a **** - just ignore him. He'll get bored and go and play with traffic in a bit.

Nah, this guy seems to have at least a basic grasp of the English language.

Hang on minute how were Derby "robbed" and "miles miles miles the better team on the day" I've never heard so much rubbish. The game was pretty much even up until the sending off. Then we sat back 'parked the bus' as you would expect from a team with only ten men. Derby then had more of the ball but no cutting edge and ran of ideas. Put simply, their attack failed to break down a very good defence and we managed to score one of the two excellent chances we created. And we did it with ten men. We earned our win.

You have got a point. 

But you didnt 'create' the chance, we gave you the chance. It was put on plate for you to score and you took it. If you had created a clear cut chance then I'd feel less bitter, it's the fact your players done f*ck all to score a goal except Zamora holding his nerve from 10 yards. 

I'm with everyone else on here. QPR won, there is nothing we can do about it. 

I didn't even think there was a debate to whether we was the better team or not to be honest, I just assumed it was a given. Just like it was a given we lost. 

Nevertheless, I won't begrudge QPR a place in the Premier League at all. They're much better equipped than us for it. Okay, at present, we're the better team, but they will probably go out and spend another 60/70 million this summer. Which is something we can't do.

If we were promoted we'd be worried about offering players 30,000 a week. Whereas I wouldn't be surprised to see QPR dish out a couple 100,000 contracts this summer. 

At the risk of sounding like Billy Davies: 'it is what it is' 

If QPR are offering 100k a week deals off the bat as soon as they go up, they have not learnt their lesson, yes it may work but it won't be the most logical way of doing it. Don't see TF getting £350 million for Caterham, lucky to get £70 mill.

What's this malarky about not having a plan B?

I'm sorry, but this is one of the great footballing myths that has been invented by Sky Sports and other which supporters have sucked into.

Can someone please explain. What the feck is a plan B in football?

You're losing/drawing and looking for a goal, you don't score and it's because there wasn't a plan B... Erm, what?

QPR had two banks of four, sat on the 18-yeard line. They allowed it to go wide because crosses obviously suit them. We went wide, we also went down the middle, we played a few long diagonal balls and also had a few hopeful long shots.

I'd like to know what the 'Plan B' could have been? Place flubber-like rubber on our players' boots and jump over the defence?

PistoldPete2

What's this malarky about not having a plan B?

I'm sorry, but this is one of the great footballing myths that has been invented by Sky Sports and other which supporters have sucked into.

Can someone please explain. What the feck is a plan B in football?

You're losing/drawing and looking for a goal, you don't score and it's because there wasn't a plan B... Erm, what?

QPR had two banks of four, sat on the 18-yeard line. They allowed it to go wide because crosses obviously suit them. We went wide, we also went down the middle, we played a few long diagonal balls and also had a few hopeful long shots.

I'd like to know what the 'Plan B' could have been? Place flubber-like rubber on our players' boots and jump over the defence?

Have better subs or use them better. Dont fling too many near post crosses, Dunne was clearing everything. We played well but didnt always react quick enough when the ball was richocheting around the box.

TBH we could have taken Grant off for all the difference he made, thought it was ironic when he went up for a corner. He could have played the entire game as a striker. Not that I would suggest that as Plan B!

Rams, I'm absolutely appalled at the treatment that some of you received from QPR fans after the game, genuinely gutted. I remember when we lost to Cardiff in the plyoff final at the Millennium Stadium, walking back through the city and being spat at and sworn at the entire way, and thinking "How is it possible to be so graceless in victory?" (In retrospect, it's lucky we didn't lose, I think we'd have been lucky to get out alive). Anyway, to now discover that siome of our fans were behaving in a similar manner is very depressing.

The vast majority of our fans are decent, tolerant, house-trained types, but the sad truth is that in the last few years, a nastier element has crept into our support.

Anyway, sorry.

Rams, I'm absolutely appalled at the treatment that some of you received from QPR fans after the game, genuinely gutted. I remember when we lost to Cardiff in the plyoff final at the Millennium Stadium, walking back through the city and being spat at and sworn at the entire way, and thinking "How is it possible to be so graceless in victory?" (In retrospect, it's lucky we didn't lose, I think we'd have been lucky to get out alive). Anyway, to now discover that siome of our fans were behaving in a similar manner is very depressing.

The vast majority of our fans are decent, tolerant, house-trained types, but the sad truth is that in the last few years, a nastier element has crept into our support.

Anyway, sorry.

Don't think you need to apologise mate, all teams have them. FWIW, I was on a tube with some right knobs on the way up responding to some Rams singing the old "Famous Derby County and we're going to wembley" with "There's nothing F****g famous about you, you f****g northern c***s", which was interesting given that he was right behind me, and with his son. 

But after the match I had a good chat with another couple of Hoops for 15 mins or so on the tube, wished  good luck, shook hands, as it should be.....

Archived