Class act

QPR Fan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that we had a man advantage, and they'd already used all three subs, either Bucko or Keogh should have absolutely wiped Dunne out. We'd have had a man sent off, they'd have been down to nine. Still have the man advantage and finally a chance at winning some headers in the box.

I jest of course, but that was just about the only way that we'd have scored on Saturday....

Given that we had a man advantage, and they'd already used all three subs, either Bucko or Keogh should have absolutely wiped Dunne out. We'd have had a man sent off, they'd have been down to nine. Still have the man advantage and finally a chance at winning some headers in the box.

I jest of course, but that was just about the only way that we'd have scored on Saturday....

With an extra 30 minutes and possibly Bamford on we would have scored, I'm sure of that.

It's no like we didn't create anything, as Bryson and Dawkins both could have done better with their poor shots and Ward's shot was heading for the bottom corner before it hit Martin and went away for safety.

It was obvious what QPR were doing, by playing narrow and giving Wisdom and Forsyth all the space in the world to throw crosses in the box as that suited them.

But it's not like we weren't creating anything, Green afterall made a rather fortunate save from Martin

With an extra 30 minutes and possibly Bamford on we would have scored, I'm sure of that.

It's no like we didn't create anything, as Bryson and Dawkins both could have done better with their poor shots and Ward's shot was heading for the bottom corner before it hit Martin and went away for safety.

It was obvious what QPR were doing, by playing narrow and giving Wisdom and Forsyth all the space in the world to throw crosses in the box as that suited them.

But it's not like we weren't creating anything, Green afterall made a rather fortunate save from Martin

One thing that was apparent to us, despite having a man advantage we were using a lot of energy trying to create openings. Probably more than they were. I think our better chances came in the aftermath of the sending off, before they organised. Once they'd done that I think we found it much harder, and yes, a lot of the time we played right into their hands by going wide and slinging balls in. Half of those balls were poor, the other half snapped up by their defence.

I thought we looked more dangerous before Russell went off - he made some very intelligent runs in behind them, including the one which led to the sending off. Once he went off we never really exploited that as much, opting to focus down the channels rather than trying to craft something through the middle.

Bamford, it's easy to say in hindsight, but he should really have been on sooner than he was. As soon as it became evident that we needed to try something different then I'd have looked to him.

One thing that was apparent to us, despite having a man advantage we were using a lot of energy trying to create openings. Probably more than they were. I think our better chances came in the aftermath of the sending off, before they organised. Once they'd done that I think we found it much harder, and yes, a lot of the time we played right into their hands by going wide and slinging balls in. Half of those balls were poor, the other half snapped up by their defence.

I thought we looked more dangerous before Russell went off - he made some very intelligent runs in behind them, including the one which led to the sending off. Once he went off we never really exploited that as much, opting to focus down the channels rather than trying to craft something through the middle.

Bamford, it's easy to say in hindsight, but he should really have been on sooner than he was. As soon as it became evident that we needed to try something different then I'd have looked to him.

I wouldn't he got found out towards the end doesn't work hard enough for the team. Bamford that is

Archived