Wisdom - is it just me?

Tamworthram

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

andre wisdom@andrewisdom47x 39s

Would like to than Derby for everything these past 7months I appreciate what the club has done for me also the staff and fans loved every

Minute the support you have shown me, but would like to say thanks to the players what a great bunch ov men they are gained some good friend

Sounds a bit final to me. Lots of past tense.

Re - Bamford - he could be anything - there is no doubt he can score some remarkable goals - that one at Sheff Wed away I still can't work out how he scored it - mind you I'd had the best part of 10 pints by then! His link play has been improving too - he just needs to muscle up, work on keeping possession tight and helping out when we are defending...definitely a playe full of promise...

Re Thorne - already a premier league player imo - if we can get him for any length of time that will be "good business"

Re Wisdom - alot of pluses - but I do worry about his mobility 

So of the 3 now - Thorne!!

Wisdoms confidence must have taken a hammering the night down at the King Power when Leicester annihilated him in the first half.

It was noticeable that after this he tended to sit deeper as if he was worried at being exposed again. Compounded the times Bamford played in front of him as knowing he would get no cover. His attacking play suffered as a result.

As for wanting to see him play CB. Not so sure as he is poor in the air.

Yeah I was going to say, when he first joined he would bomb up the flank all the time but he just stopped after a while.

Did seem as though he wanted to play far more defensively from that point. Gutted he won't be playing for us next season, he is an absolute beast defensively....

He was awful and substituted at half time - also out on loan. Or was I watching the wrong game.

Wasn't Freeman subbed at half-time in the early home game against Burnley? I seem to remember he was horribly exposed and gifted Burnley their second goal.

Yeah I was going to say, when he first joined he would bomb up the flank all the time but he just stopped after a while.

Did seem as though he wanted to play far more defensively from that point. Gutted he won't be playing for us next season, he is an absolute beast defensively....

More likely was told to play more defensively. And I can give you exact time when this happened, it was after Birmingham match.

It has been discussed before and confirmed that Mac stopped him getting forward too much thus allowing Forsyth to bomb on without exposing us at the back. This happened after Birmingham away. Basically playing to instructions, hence our much improved defensive record after said Birmingham game. 

TobyWanKenobi

If possible I'd love all three back, but I don't think we'd struggle to find a good right back if we have a million pounds to spend. I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Evans has a list of quality right backs as long as Keoghs face.

Archived