Anyone else feel like ****

davenportram

10 hours on a coach, traffic was hell but the lads made me proud to be Derby !!!  Question who at the FA decided to rebuild Wembley in the middle of an industrial estate with poor access and little chance of getting out of the coach park (Yellow) Infrastructure what infrastructure ? 1 hour 35 on a coach and we could still see Wembley.  Wrong place to build a national stadium, with all the motorway connections in Birmingham that should have been the place. Typical southern bias though as we can't have those southerners travelling miles now can we !!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The green car park would be best suited to teams travelling on the M1. Entrance right next to the main route into the stadium - although that's through an industrial estate with narrow roads and roundabouts. We actually drive past their empty coach park to join the 40 minute queue for ours

Although if we'd left at 7 instead of just 5 hours before kick off would have helped.

Brent is one lovely area, it was so nice to see how they dump their spare furniture in the gardens. Foreign team supporters heading to Wembley must wonder what the hell they are doing in what looked like a third world country. Come on London if you want a national stadium at least smarten the place up.

10 hours on a coach, traffic was hell but the lads made me proud to be Derby !!!  Question who at the FA decided to rebuild Wembley in the middle of an industrial estate with poor access and little chance of getting out of the coach park (Yellow) Infrastructure what infrastructure ? 1 hour 35 on a coach and we could still see Wembley.  Wrong place to build a national stadium, with all the motorway connections in Birmingham that should have been the place. Typical southern bias though as we can't have those southerners travelling miles now can we !!!!

Cant imagine there's many spots in centralish London where you could have 90k people and get away in a vehicle quickly. 

Cant say I agree in moving Wembley away from London either.

Swear every Derby fan must have come on the coach or car, The Globe was full of QPR fans, everywhere around Wembley Park tube was full of QPR fans, I barely saw a Derby fan till I got in the ground. 

Cant imagine there's many spots in centralish London where you could have 90k people and get away in a vehicle quickly. 

Swear every Derby fan must have come on the coach or car, The Globe was full of QPR fans, everywhere around Wembley Park tube was full of QPR fans, I barely saw a Derby fan till I got in the ground. 

There were few pubs around St Pancras which seemed to be majority Derby before and after, and on the tube to Wembley there was a group of us out singing the QPR fans, but yeah, was surprised just how many got the coach. Don't understand why you'd go by car.

covent garden was hammered with derby.

I'm finding it difficult to put any perspective on the outcome at present.

I actually feel worse today. Last night I was just shocked and angry that life could deal me such **** cards. Today I'm just heartbroken.

If we'd have lost on penalties I think I'd have handled it better. Anything but what happened. I'd rather stew in self pity than have a detailed post mortem when we lose but to have to listen to the "you could see that coming" comments on our coach was the last straw. No you couldn't "see that coming", ever, they were never going to score and that's what makes it worse. Their only chance was penalties and the combination of circumstance and timing was the biggest kick to the b@llocks imaginable. I thought The Leicester play off defeat was bad (I was younger then) but this worse, far worse.

More than anything it's the missed opportunity of this group of players. We really had the chance to make a mark in the Prem. and now I fear we'll never know for sure.

The other common theme amongst fans was "automatic promotion next year" but life (and football particularly) doesn't work that way. We've got to replace loan layers and keep all our existing players just to stand still and that alone will be difficult.

I'm sure in a couple of days the clouds will lift and life will get back to normal (I'm far too old to wallow in self pity for too long) but at the moment that seems a very long way off.

Despite everything I'd change nothing. It hurts so much because it means so much. Right now I'm inconsolable.

I actually feel worse today. Last night I was just shocked and angry that life could deal me such **** cards. Today I'm just heartbroken.

If we'd have lost on penalties I think I'd have handled it better. Ainything but what happened. I'd rather stew in self pity than have a detailed post mortem when we lose but to have to listen to the "you could see that coming" comments on our coach was the last straw. No you couldn't "see that coming", ever, they were never going to score and that's what makes it worse. Their only chance was penalties and the combination of circumstance and timing was the biggest kick to the b@llocks imaginable. I thought The Leicester play off defeat was bad (I was younger then) but this worse, far worse.

More than anything it's the missed opportunity of this group of players. We really had the chance to make a mark in the Prem. and now I fear we'll never know for sure.

The other common theme amongst fans was "automatic promotion next year" but life (and football particularly) doesn't work that way. We've got to replace loan layers and keep all our existing players just to stand still and that alone will be difficult.

I'm sure in a couple of days the clouds will lift and life will get back to normal (I'm far too old to wallow in self pity for too long) but at the moment that seems a very long way off.

Despite everything I'd change nothing. It hurts so much because it means so much. Right now I'm inconsolable.

You, me and 39,000+ unfortunate souls as well mate. But its not about how hard you fall (and this is bloody hard) its how you get back up again.

You, me and 39,000+ unfortunate souls as well mate. But It not about how hard you fall (and this is bloody hard) its how you get back up again.

Fully agreed and I'm sure we'll get up again OK (team and fans). My fear is that with 3 teams a year coming down with £15m x 3 years parachute payments the opportunity with (albeit sensible) limited investment may have slipped through our fingers.

Come August I'll be roaring us on as usual.

If we'd have lost on penalties I think I'd have handled it better. Anything but what happened. I'd rather stew in self pity than have a detailed post mortem when we lose but to have to listen to the "you could see that coming" comments on our coach was the last straw. No you couldn't "see that coming", ever, they were never going to score and that's what makes it worse. Their only chance was penalties and the combination of circumstance and timing was the biggest kick to the b@llocks imaginable. I thought The Leicester play off defeat was bad (I was younger then) but this worse, far worse.

Totally agree with all of this.

But the bolded part in particular is so very true, even my mate sat next to me said he could see them nicking one. Completely illogical, based on what? There was nothing at all to suggest they would score, that's why it hurts so much.

You dont mind losing to the better team, or even a team that's got a bit about them, or conjured up more than two attacks in 90 minutes, or an honest, likeable club who've built something.

But for the most over paid, ridiculously expensive for an extreme lack of footballing talent, old bunch of has beens managed by a clueless scumbag, who have broken every financial rule known to man to burgal us like that is mortifying. It's inhumane.

That's why football is great though. 

Spare a thought for any glory hunters who may have only bought a season ticket for next year in the hope we'd get promoted.

For me, I'm over it now and looking forward to next season already. My only concern is that last season is such a  tough act to follow. Can you imagine us thumping Forest 5:0 again, scoring so many goals or winning so many away games for example? 

I was walking through all of those fans with my Derby shirt on. Was watching the coaches go past wishing i was on one haha. Was receiving quite a bit of abuse but oh well

You did us proud, Jimbo. Held your head up? Walked on proudly? Ignored the childish taunts knowing that this time next year, we'll be in the Premiership and, most likely, they'll be coming back?

Then, when you got far enough away, called over the nearest lone QPR fan over and, as you were congratulating him with a handshake, head butted him and split his face open...as you stood over him, then yelled "that's for effing Zamora!"

Anyone wanting to cheer themselves up or calm themselves down should watch Chris Martin's interview. We have the right players in that dressing room.

So it's not just me should thinks this? I thought precisely that.

And, seriously, every time I listen to McLaren get interviewed, I am more and more impressed. After the game, I thought he was superb again. Dignified, logical, calm and every word uttered was a targeted missile aimed at setting the show for next season.

My man crush just gets deeper and deeper.

You having a laugh? Charing Cross rd and Covent Garden was totally rammed...pub on corner of Bear St and CCR had 30-40 Derby in and outside for 2 hrs and all we could hear from up the road was a very loud Since I Was young....tourist photos and all sorts

Covent Garden was full of Derby on Friday night, a great atmosphere, saw so many of the "old faces" down there...absolutely brilliant..

Talking to cockney Rams, a load from Somercotes, a bunch of lads from Glasgow and even two guys who had come over from Philladelphia for the game, it was great.

I am trying to console myself with the knowledge that Friday afternoon and Saturday morning all the way up until the last minute of the game was some of the best times I have ever had following the greatest football team in History....the build up to this game and the whole "match day experience" has totally reignited my love for everything that is DCFC, everything we are about.

Has anyone watched the match back?  I don't know when I'll be able to, if ever.

My daughter sat eating her breakfast this morning and the Wembley programme was on the table - she looked at it, then said, 'no, it's too early' 

For me, this hurts more than Leicester did, maybe I was slightly more confident that we'd win this one. 

Lost every ounce of energy I had as soon as the whistle went, more flopped than walked down the stairs and out the stadium, relying on the handrail. At least I was in good company, so the long journey home wasn't bad, although a splitting headache put an end to my night at about 11.

I've been perfectly fine MOST of the time since, a few bouts of silent screaming/shouting in private since when the frustration hits, and the usual turning inward of thoughts... serves me right for being so positive, daring to dream about something out of my hands, etc. I'm convinced we only lost because I was so confident of a win.

You having a laugh? Charing Cross rd and Covent Garden was totally rammed...pub on corner of Bear St and CCR had 30-40 Derby in and outside for 2 hrs and all we could hear from up the road was a very loud Since I Was young....tourist photos and all sorts

I hit all the wrong places then by the sound of it then.

Around Baker Street was mostly QPR, then got out of Wembley park and went left that was all QPR, then walked back the right side of the tube and about 3-4 pubs there were all QPR, got asked to see our tickets on the door of 2 of them and not allowed in.

Archived